• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Reading Selectman Intimidated By "Cops Driving Around Town With Guns"

a little glimpse of the selectman's background:

Professionally, I taught biology and chemistry in a public high school upon graduating from college. After several years in teaching, I earned a doctorate in physiology and then conducted research for five years. I have worked at the Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection for the past sixteen years. During my work for the Commonwealth, I have become comfortable with understanding many of the complex laws and regulations under which we live.

Just another extreme leftist nutcase who accidentally let people hear what he actually thinks (and in front of a camera no less).

His apology means nothing. He is just trying to save his ass, if that is possible. Nothing more, nothing less.

He probably watched too much Andy Griffith. He thinks that police should keep one cartridge in their shirt pocket and they could only use the cartridge after asking their superiors if now is the time.

In fairness to Sheriff Taylor, his deputy went on to become nationally famous as the caricature of a buffoon cop. Andy's six shooter was loaded.

If Deputy Fife had his stuff together, he'd have been allowed to has his loaded, too.

In fairness to Sheriff Taylor, his deputy went on to become nationally famous as the caricature of a buffoon cop. Andy's six shooter was loaded.

If Deputy Fife had his stuff together, he'd have been allowed to has his loaded, too.

Of course I was referring to Barney since he could only carry a round in his pocket until Andy gave him the green light. I still enjoy catching an episode of the old shows every so often.

Of course I was referring to Barney since he could only carry a round in his pocket until Andy gave him the green light. I still enjoy catching an episode of the old shows every so often.

They're on the DVR, most of them. I like to watch the old shows now and then, when they had to know how to act (mostly) to compensate for the lack of green screens and cgi.

He’s up for re-election Tuesday. People have organized to vote him out. There is also a recall petition to remove the chair. Lots of people are involved.

when an incumbent goes down by over 1000 votes someone is sending a message

After a full day of voting at the Hawkes Field House, and after an election for Select Board which has been testy at times, local small business owner Carlo Bacci received the most votes with 5,502. Real estate broker and Finance Committee member Karen Gately Herrick came in second with 4,014 votes. Incumbent Andrew Friedmann received 2,958 votes to come in third. The top two candidates will take seats on the board.

For Reading registered voters. There is a recall petition to remove the Select Board chair. She was slow walking the approval process for the new Chief to have the vote after the election. The deadline to get 2.5K signatures is coming up. If your interested in signing it is at the Reading Quick Stop on rt 28 across from Biltmore and Main.

The chair is part of this progressive group in town that is also very anti. Here is part of a leaked memo that went out to their members a few years ago.

32DA4376-7CDE-419E-800E-C242EE380E50.jpeg 53BA5EE7-E3B3-4245-A0A3-421685419EBD.jpeg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom