• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

READING, MA: Wife made to sign bogus "Warning" during "Interview"

So after an 8 month wait, the wife just got her LTC in the mail today with a Target & Hunting restriction on it.

Wasn't really surprised until she showed me this pre-checked form she had to initial part of the application interview.

She was told that the Chief was going to consider her application (reference letters, personal letter, training docs, etc.) for "All Lawful Purposes/No Restrictions", and this was just "the way things were done."

Basically, she was intimidated into initialing the document (interview is conducted in the booking area), essentially making it look like she applied for the restriction.

WTF?! [angry] [banghead] [angry2] [bs1]

Scan-131220-0001.jpg

that sucks. unfortunately this is why you need a lawyer for such things.

be sure to let goal and comm2a know about this--they might just see it here of course

but to me the document doesn't look like she applied for a restriction, just that she acknowledged receiving a restricted LTC

wouldn't it be fun to have the chief sign a form acknowledging you were denied your 2A rights

Same with my wife. Intimidated into initialing to complete application. Reading processes people in the booking room, you stand , cameras pointed at you, on a liquid resistant floor, and a drain beneath you feet. Real cozy like. Makes you feel like a criminal...in purpose IMHO, it's a big building. They should be ashamed.

I got mine in Chelmford before we moved into Reading, nicest lady there, very relaxed.

Yup the old OIC was ok to deal withbut Picco is different with his ****ing gay tac vest on like a hard ass.

great there goes my unrestricted oh well

So after an 8 month wait, the wife just got her LTC in the mail today with a Target & Hunting restriction on it.

Wasn't really surprised until she showed me this pre-checked form she had to initial part of the application interview.

She was told that the Chief was going to consider her application (reference letters, personal letter, training docs, etc.) for "All Lawful Purposes/No Restrictions", and this was just "the way things were done."

Basically, she was intimidated into initialing the document (interview is conducted in the booking area), essentially making it look like she applied for the restriction.

Just for clarification, which part of the Warning is bogus? The CLEO can suspend/revoke the LTC at their discretion. The fine?

Not that I'm defending suitability or CLEOs being dicks, but it's currently within their defined legal powers.

Just for clarification, which part of the Warning is bogus?

She was apparently asked to initial a form indicating she was applying for a restricted LTC when such is not the case.

The warning would be irrelevant to a "restrictions: none" LTC holder, hence the alleged bogosity.

Because they can.

Sometimes.

My kid's FID application fee was $100.....until MsHappy, who brought him to the PD that day, produced the relevant MGLs, that I'd printed out in advance, with the $25 fee on it. Apparently, it was new info to them, though 14 months prior, they'd charged my other son $25 for his FID.

Newbee. Here. Not sure how this works.... But does anyone in mass. No what happened to attorney Jesse c Cohen. Gave him some cash about year and a half ago haven't heard from him since. Rumors circulating. Please let me no at [email protected] thanks

Newbee. Here. Not sure how this works.... But does anyone in mass. No what happened to attorney Jesse c Cohen. Gave him some cash about year and a half ago haven't heard from him since. Rumors circulating. Please let me no at [email protected] thanks

I had a student yesterday in my MA Gun Law Seminar that told the same story. Not good!!

I have no idea, have had no contact with him in a few years and never anticipate any further contact with him.

There is a thread on here that had some info and was posted within the past month or two. You might try searching to find it.

If all else fails, you can file a formal complaint with the Mass Board of Bar Overseers. Check the info out here:
http://www.mass.gov/obcbbo/

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom