Reading MA LTC

Does anybody have any experience with the LTC process in reading MA over the last year or 2?

A buddy of mine got his LTC last year. Took about 6 or 7 months after the interview, he had to call and check in with them periodically.
No restrictions tho

A friend got his right before all this Covid crap started. He was a first time applicant and had no issues. He was issued unrestricted.
I don't remember what the timeframe was exactly but I think it was around 3 months.

Reading got a new chief a bit ago, but they'd changed their policies even before that. When I first applied there many moons ago now, they only issued unrestricted until you wrote a letter after 12 months, at which point they "might" lift your restrictions. At that time, they needed a letter of rec from someone living in the town who wasn't related to you. I'd be curious, OP, if they're still doing that. I do know that when I informed them I was applying for an 03 FFL around 2013 or so, they had no idea why I was telling them.

Then along came August 2014, and all their policies changed; my understanding is that they've been a pretty solidly green town since. There've been a couple of changes in the guy appointed to to the licensing, too; the current guy is super-busy, but not needlessly dickish. My last renewal was very smooth, even when I needed a little extra attention because I wanted to do a sale before my new PIN came in. He was very helpful that day, though to be blunt the delay was probably his fault.

Anyway. Hope all goes well for you, OP.

Back
Top Bottom