• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

RE: Clarification of my post regarding my SKS dilemma

RE: The SKS; what is the law regarding this issue? I cannot find anything specific on MA or ATF web site. I always lived in Massachusetts and brought the rifle back with me from Vietnam. All of my paper work is export from Vietnam and import to the USA, no paper work in MA. Also, this was in 1970/71 time frame. This rifle (over 50 yo with paper work) should also qualify as curios/relics, I would think.

Can someone please explain to me how to respond directly to a poster on this board? Thanks

When you move into MA, there is NO REQUIREMENT to EVER register the guns you bring in with you. Additionally, there is a carve-out for returning military whereby they are considered "new residents" if they have been stationed out of state for 180 days.

You are perfectly legal. DO NOT register the gun. It is indeed a C&R and with capture papers it is worth quite a bit more than a regular SKS. If you are trying to sell it (I have no idea what your backstory is re why you posted this thread), first contact Joe Dube at Pack & Postal (even if only by phone or Email) to get a basic idea what such a war relic is worth. PACK AND POSTAL CENTER [and yes, ONE of his rooms looks just like the picture on his website!]

It is highly illegal. You should immediately contact the WickedCoolName illegal gun storage facility. For a very reasonable fee they will take it off your hands and see to it that never runs afoul of the law again.

even if there was a FA-10 in 1970, those records are long gone, they have to prove you did something wrong from 53 years ago... ain't ever going to happen

You are fine, no need to do anything

you really are over thinking this.

It is highly illegal. You should immediately contact the WickedCoolName illegal gun storage facility. For a very reasonable fee they will take it off your hands and see to it that never runs afoul of the law again.
Don’t listen to him ^

The Chris_1001 gun warehouse adopts unwanted guns, new guns, old guns, questionable guns at no charge.

OP, your name isn't "Tim" by any chance? From Arizona or Utah? Enjoys chili peppers?

Welcome to NES!

PS, Picton's Gun Storage 'n' Stuff would be happy to take custody of your SKS.

RE: The SKS; what is the law regarding this issue? I cannot find anything specific on MA or ATF web site. I always lived in Massachusetts and brought the rifle back with me from Vietnam. All of my paper work is export from Vietnam and import to the USA, no paper work in MA. Also, this was in 1970/71 time frame. This rifle (over 50 yo with paper work) should also qualify as curios/relics, I would think.

Can someone please explain to me how to respond directly to a poster on this board? Thanks

What issue?
What is your question?

I am a little confused. What problem are you having that after so long you are asking this question?

How to respond to someone? - click "reply" bottom right.

Thank you all for all of your responses, I got spooked by some stuff I read on the net. To answer some questions, I obtained this rifle in a cache site in Cambodia in 1970. This is a photo of the rifle ( I sent a copy of this photo to one of the guys in my unit who promptly posted it on the internet) so it is all over the place but, I have the original photo! I also have the documents: Temporary Export License, Firearms Export License, War Trophy Registration Authorization, Registration Of War Trophy. The documents seem similar but they are all different. Thanks again!

Attachments

• 1674497854580.jpeg
    1674497854580.jpeg
    371.9 KB · Views: 23
Thank you all for all of your responses, I got spooked by some stuff I read on the net. To answer some questions, I obtained this rifle in a cache site in Cambodia in 1970. This is a photo of the rifle ( I sent a copy of this photo to one of the guys in my unit who promptly posted it on the internet) so it is all over the place but, I have the original photo! I also have the documents: Temporary Export License, Firearms Export License, War Trophy Registration Authorization, Registration Of War Trophy. The documents seem similar but they are all different. Thanks again!
Awesome find and trophy. Enjoy!!!

Do you still shoot it, OP?

Great story, even better find. Keep all that provenance in a safe, dry place. Eventually, someone will want to have all that with the rifle!

Back
Top Bottom