Re-anodizing a pre ban colt lower.

Im not a fan of the grey and would like it to match my black mil spec upper. I’m in the new bedford area. Is there anyone within a 30 minute drive that does re-anodizing. I’ve considered doing it myself but I don’t want to stink up the house for the day.

Depending on which lower and the condition it’s in, I may have a brand new pre-Healy BS lower that I might be willing to trade.

Don't know about a local joint, but check out New Frontier Armory. They offer mil-spec hard anodizing and you just mail the lower to them. However, and this is a big however, if your Colt lower has a sear block, there are complications. In order to anodize a lower, it cannot have any steel on/in it. Even if you cut out the sear block, you still have the pin in the side of the receiver, which is steel. And on the colt preban I have that had the sear block, there even may be some steel down on the sear shelf too... but I'm not positive.

Don't know about a local joint, but check out New Frontier Armory. They offer mil-spec hard anodizing and you just mail the lower to them. However, and this is a big however, if your Colt lower has a sear block, there are complications. In order to anodize a lower, it cannot have any steel on/in it. Even if you cut out the sear block, you still have the pin in the side of the receiver, which is steel. And on the colt preban I have that had the sear block, there even may be some steel down on the sear shelf too... but I'm not positive.

No sear i have a sporter 2 thanks for the tip

I was in the same boat you're in, I hated the grey finish on my Colt lower. I went to Gartman's Arms in Wrentham to have my pre 94 Colt anodized and was happy with it when it was done.

I was in the same boat you're in, I hated the grey finish on my Colt lower. I went to Gartman's Arms in Wrentham to have my pre 94 Colt anodized and was happy with it when it was done.
This is perfect. Do you mind me asking how much it was?

Back
Top Bottom