RCBS Rock Chucker deal for $255 w/ free shipping

That's a pretty good deal if you need all the stuff.

I picked up a new Rockchucker (press only) from Kittery a few weeks ago when they had free shipping and 25% off. With the $10 rebate from RCBS, I paid $98 total.

I'm trying to decide whether I should get into the reloading or not. I've never done it but I have friends who do. Basically, I want to shoot .308 and not break the bank. It seems like any decent brass ammo is real expensive. I saw Remington on one site was $900/1k rds. A lot of online places are out of stock for affordable rounds like Federal which are like $650/1k rds. I decided to kick the can down the road for a little bit though and bought more Russian Wolf 150 gr for $380/1k rds.

That's a pretty good deal if you need all the stuff.

I picked up a new Rockchucker (press only) from Kittery a few weeks ago when they had free shipping and 25% off. With the $10 rebate from RCBS, I paid $98 total.

That means that you have more than one press. Do you suggest to buy more than one press if reloading multiple calibers? Thanks.

theres nothing wrong with having more than one press, I have found uses for even the rustiest worn press I have. I will say this. If you have limited space the more stuff you have the more of a mess you may end up with....Have more than one press BUT I do 80% of all my loading on 1 press. I purchased as many hornady LnL bushings as I have dies..quicker than changing a press(which in my case means remove current press, make space for press, dig other press out, make room,make room, move this move that.....fun
I waited a bit before starting to reload for handgun and rifle....my # 1 primary reason for starting to reload is.....I got sick and tired driving around from shop to shop walmart to walmart ect ect just to find ammo...before any of the craziness hit.
I would have to hit 3 shops in my area just to find 1000rnds of 45 or 223 pre 2008....

Last edited:
Thanks Eddie and mac. I do not have a space issue. I am just curious about other re-loader's setup and trying to figure out if the extra investment is worthwhile.

There's nothing wrong with having more than one press. For my personal reloading I have one single stage and three progressives - I also have a bunch of other single stage presses I use for the reloading classes.

However, you can only pull the handle on one press at a time. The reason for having more than one is to save time setting up.

Back
Top Bottom