• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

RCBS Pro Melt 2

Broc

NES Member
I ordered one on July, 2017. At the time it said they would be in stock in 8 weeks. On December it said they would be in stock in 4-6 weeks.
Now, it says they don't know when it will be in stock.

Looks like it is the same everywhere, Optics Planet, Brownells, Midway...

It is getting warmer and I want to start casting again. I am getting ready to cancel and order a Magma Engineering Master pot.

Has anyone heard anything about the RCBS?

Has anyone heard anything about the RCBS?
nope, sorry. but when i was casting, everything i used was from lyman. they were, shall we say, "professional grade," and pretty much had the home casting business locked up. the only piece of equipment that was rcbs was the sizer/luber, but still i used lyman top punches and size dies. not helpful, just sayin'. [smile]

nope, sorry. but when i was casting, everything i used was from lyman. they were, shall we say, "professional grade," and pretty much had the home casting business locked up. the only piece of equipment that was rcbs was the sizer/luber, but still i used lyman top punches and size dies. not helpful, just sayin'. [smile]
I use a Lyman right now, but it is ladle casting and I hate ladle casting. It is too slow. I looked at their bottom pouring, but reviews seem to be all over the place.

What are your thoughts on the Mag 25?
Is the open top big enough for ladle casting? (Just for the big 535grain bullets).

can't comment on those furnaces, never seen one in person but i'm sure others that cast now will have comments.

i never ladle poured. i wanted speed and production and was using 7-8 gang molds on some of my smaller stuff. 4 gang on the larger calibers. with practice you can keep fairly consistent. you couldn't say..fumble the pour...or you'd get a crappy result. i would weigh every bullet looking for correct weight for that mold. 2 tenths o/u was fine for me for my competition stuff. everything else went for practice loads. and of course deformed went back to the pot. i just wasn't good at ladle pours cause i didn't do it enough to gain that touch, if you will.

eta: smallest i cast was .22. someone gave me a .224 dia rifle mold for 60 gr. was shooting them from a ruger no. 1 heavy barrel varmint rifle. never could get them to do anything worth a damn.

lol, sorry, i'm notourous for going off topic. [angry]

Last edited:
I never updated this ... I received it in July 2018.

Ever since I have been frustrated with the thermostat. It keeps the temperature, but it is off.

I set it for 690, so it keeps the lead around 750-770 (according to my thermometer).

Anyway, it gets the job done, melts lead fast and holds plenty of lead.

Back
Top Bottom