RCBS Press on Craigslist

FYI: I am not selling this but ran across it and thought someone here might be interested.

http://boston.craigslist.org/bmw/spo/1073243711.html

RCBS Master Reloading Set (Webster MA) $500

RCBS "Rock Chucker" Master reloading set w/ piggyback II progressive 5 station set-up. IN BOX- NEVER USED. Includes 3 pc. carb die sets for 9mm, 10mm (40 cal.) 357 mag./38spl, 45 acp, 223rem. Shell holders for all cal. Lyman complete reloaders guide.

Is this a good setup?

It's a single stage press with a progressive kit add-on.
Lots of dies though. That'd be convenient.

I really couldnt tell you. Ive got a single stage RCBS Rock Chucker that is built like a tank. I believe this one is the same press with a progressive attachment. RCBS is great with customer service.

Newbie/Rookie/Wannbe

I just emailed him. Forgive the ignorance, but I'm a COMPLETE rookie when it comes to this stuff. But I've been thinking about reloading. I'm sick of looking for ammo.

I have a 9mm and a .40. I can't believe how expensive .357 and .45 ammo has gotten! Probably why I'm seeing a lot of beautiful guns up for sale on here!

I suppose I could just not shoot the .40 as much and buy the WWB ammo for 9mm @ 20 bucks a box.

I have no idea when you break even and start saving money by buying a press. I know from reading a bit on here that besides the press, there are other "must" or "should" have options.

But by the 115 for 1,000 primer post above this one, I thought this was supposed to save you money. LOL

I guess my question is does this set up eliminate wearing out your arm because it is supposedly a more advanced set up that eliminates extra work compared to a single press?

Again, keep in mind I don't know WTF I"m talking about other than a few questions I"ve asked some guys I know and what I've read here.

As far as the ad I just answered, again forgive the ignorance, does age or usage matter. It would seem as though this set up new would cost around 700 to 800? Am I correct??

Thanks in advance for your time.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom