RCBS Chargemaster is programmable!

This is awsome! Thanks for posting this. Have you done any reprogramming to yours? Mine is slower than $hit. I was planning to call RCBS for parameters tomorrow but wonder if you have any changes you would like to share? I am assuming that those parameters they listed were defaults???

Joe

This is awsome! Thanks for posting this. Have you done any reprogramming to yours? Mine is slower than $hit. I was planning to call RCBS for parameters tomorrow but wonder if you have any changes you would like to share? I am assuming that those parameters they listed were defaults???

Joe

Hi,

For .223 I have settled on using the settings below. These settings measure out 25.5 grains of Benchmark or 27.0 grains of Varget in about 12 seconds.

HSP_A1 = 5.50
HSP_B1 = 2.25
HSP_C1 = 0.50

I was using a 1 Inch piece of Dunkin Donuts straw to cover the last half inch of the threads in the dispensing tube - otherwise you get over-throws.

I've since been trying different means of narrowing the diameter of the dispensing tube. My current setup uses parts from ball point pens. I'm getting the same 12 second speed and maybe one overthrow in 50.

I'll post up a pic later tonight.

Man a big +1 to you for this. I read this thing was the fastest on the market and was very dissapointed when I actually bought one. I went back to my uniflow and only use the scale to cal the powder measure. I was considering selling it. I had no idea this could be done. Since the link you provided gives info for all the defaults, how can you go wrong? If I screw it up, I can always put it back the way it was. I am going to start experimenting later tonight.

Joe

WOW! - your numbers make it scream, I guess it about doubled the speed. I was just experimenting with some W296 ball powder and no straws I was getting .5gn overthrows. I set HSP_A1 to 10 and kept your other numbers. No straws, no overthrows and still about twice as fast as stock! Now I may start to like this thing.

Joe

OK, I'm the dummy. I'll ask !

Where do you do the actual reprogramming ? Do you have to access the guts or is it done on the numbers keypad ? As you can tell, I'm at a loss [frown]

regards....roger

Hi,

Your right, the link I gave wasn't very clear on how to do that, but here's the process taken from... http://www.sahuntingrifle.co.za/index.php?option=com_fireboard&Itemid=24&func=view&catid=8&id=336

"The scale is fully adjustable and there are many settings and that you can change. To enter the program mode pres EDIT MEM and ENTER at the same time. After making an adjustment pres ENTER to go to the next option. After the last setting the scale will reset and countdown. If you passed a setting you have to start from the beginning, there is no back button.

This is the list of settings that you can make to your scale, for some of the functions I do not have detailed instructions as to what they do, and would recommend that you do not change them:
HSB_A1 (15.68) Grains under target weight to go from full to high speed for low weight
HSB_B1 (3.42) Grains under target weight to go from high to slow speed low weight
BSP_C1 (1.08) Grains under target weight to go from slow to final trickle speed low weight

MSP_A2 (39.20) Grains under target weight to go from full to high speed for medium weight
MSP_B2 (8.55) Grains under target weight to go from high to slow speed medium weight
MSP_C2 (2.25) Grains under target weight to go from slow to final trickle speed medium weight

SSP_A3 (196.00) Grains under target weight to go from full to high speed for heavy weight

SSP_B3 (42.75) Grains under target weight to go from high to slow speed heavy weight
SSP_C3 (11.32) Grains under target weight to go from slow to final trickle speed heavy weight

SEL (065) ???
F_A (050) Grains for a Heavy Charge
M_A (035) Grains for a Medium charge
S_A (006) Grains for a slow charge
W_F (200) Rotation for Full speed
W_M (100) Rotation for Medium speed
W_S (036) Rotation for slowest speed

S_F (012) Scale sensitivity timeout time in m/s fast speed
S_M (024) Scale sensitivity timeout time in m/s medium speed
S_S (128) Scale sensitivity timeout time in m/s slow speed.

FR1 (040) ?
FS1 (016) ?
FR2 (080) ?
SR1 (032) ?
SS1 (008) ?
SR2 (040) ?
DEC (000) ?
AT (000) ?

I have to advise you to only make changes to your scale if you are confident to do so, and remember that there is not a “return to default” setting in the scale. If all else fails return your scale to the default settings listed above in brackets"

May be old news to some of you, but I thought I would post it anyways as it was very useful to me. reprogramming my Chargemaser has lowered my charging per round time from 45 seconds to 12-15.

Adding the straw has eliminated the majority of over charges as well [grin]

http://accurateshooter.wordpress.co...-how-to-speed-up-your-rcbs-chargemaster-1500/

Reprograming is fine when you're only dealing with 25gr charge weights because the last 5gr, which is 20% of your total weight is slowed.

I'm dealing with 100gr and the last 5gr, 5% of the total charge, is GTG. Even GTG with 44gr, 11.3% of the total charge, is OK.

With the higher charge weight you will need the last 5gr to run slower.

Back
Top Bottom