RBG Replacement Supreme Court Appointment megathread

TLB

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
GWB was reading to gradeschoolers when his staff told him about the 9/11 attacks.

So either Trump lied about not knowing about it, or his staff is utterly incompetent and/or afraid to tell him anything.
RBG dying isn't earth shattering and didn't require swift action. They could tell him on the plane.

namedpipes

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
GWB was reading to gradeschoolers when his staff told him about the 9/11 attacks.

So either Trump lied about not knowing about it, or his staff is utterly incompetent and/or afraid to tell him anything.
There's no WAY it was unexpected. I'm sure he was advised "she's GOING" to die in the 48 hours. That off the cuff speech was carefully written and rehearsed. (hey, speaking of hearses!) But you have to hear "the final answer" at SOME point. Why not that particular moment?

TLB

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Snowflakes melting as we speak. Just make sure you have enough TP:

Bess Kalb

Vote like she’s f***ing watching.

Beau Willimon

We’re shutting this country down if Trump and McConnell try to ram through an appointment before the election.

Miss Communicate

We are shutting it down. Every road, every business, everything. We are out in the millions.
Sounds like a target rich environment.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0

Talk about comparing apples to a**h***s... The first attack on us soil since PH vs. someone who is all but buried dying. Seriously? If it were me, the staff member who interrupted me with that info would have been thanked and told to go clean out their desk in the same breath.

LoginName

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm pretty sure he has known she has been dead for a week and was just waiting for the dnc to throw this hail mary. That was just an act.
I think he was tipped off from an intimate reliable source with the knowledge (doctors, family, etc),
that she didn't have much time left.

It seems strangely coincidental that he announced a list of SCOTUS nominees about a week ago when there was no vacancy
It would be just like him to rub it in beforehand.

AHM

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd give a kidney to know what he was really thinking.
At least he didn't have a brief loss of self-control
and give it the ol' Sherlock Holmes Involuntary Twitch Smile.

I think part of having those "visions" - is having your mind "open" enough to take note of them.
I'd expect it to come from being so concerned about an issue
that you sleep on it, and your unconscious figures something out overnight.

(Or, you need to lay off the Spice for a while).

It's called Jamais Vu.

Sorta the opposite of Déjà Vu.

Not kidding. It's a real thing.
Catch-22
There was no mistaking the awesome implications of the chaplain’s revelation: it was either an insight of divine origin or a hallucination; he was either blessed or losing his mind. Both prospects filled him with equal fear and depression. It was neither déjà vu, presque vu nor jamais vu. It was possible that there were other vus of which he had never heard and that one of these other vus would explain succinctly the baffling phenomenon of which he had been both a witness and a part; ...​

It seems strangely coincidental that he announced a list of SCOTUS nominees about a week ago when there was no vacancy ...
Heck, that made so little impact
that you are the first person I recall
making a reference to it this evening.

Broccoli Iglesias

NES Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0

The guy is giving a speech. A dead woman is not a national emergency. I get it, she was important, but not so important that couldn't wait a few minutes.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I hope Trump nominates someone soon, a woman is my guess, race/religion doesn't matter to me, as long as they're aligned with Scalia and Thomas. Graham should hold confirmation hearings that end in a vote before 1/20/21, regardless of the upcoming election.

Brewer

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I hope Trump nominates someone soon, a woman is my guess, race/religion doesn't matter to me, as long as they're aligned with Scalia and Thomas. Graham should hold confirmation hearings that end in a vote before 1/20/21, regardless of the upcoming election.
I disagree. I want a Constitutionalist on the bench as soon as humanly possible
In 2020 we've set new records for vaccine trials and drug approvals. Why not SCOTUS appointments? I want to see 14 days from nomination to confirmation.

@ryanstruyk
·
2h

Days from nomination to confirmation:
99 Thomas
89 Kavanaugh
89 Rehnquist
85 Scalia
87 Kagan
82 Alito
73 Breyer
69 Souter
66 Sotomayor
65 Gorsuch
65 Kennedy
62 Roberts
42 Ginsburg
33 O'Connor
19 Stevens

124 days to Inauguration Day
46 days to Election Day

headednorth

NES Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
>burn down businesses
>attack people you disagree with in public
>call for duly-elected president’s head on a stick because he’s “not my choice”
>wipe out said president’s first term by kvetching and whining and impeaching and impeding
>riot when it doesn’t go your way
>lock down country then push easily-manipulated mail in voting to favor your candidate
>set wildfires on west coast to “prove climate change is a real threat”

>Ginsburg dies

>WAAAAH PLAY FAIR YOU f***ING REPUBLICAN SCUM YOU DONT GET TO NOMINATE A NEW JUSTICE UNTIL AFTER THE ELECTION THATS NOT FAIR PLAY FAIR WAAAAAH

F*ck you goddamn liberal f*cks. I’m going to enjoy slaughtering every last one of you.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
If anyone among us isn't in the habit of daily carry, this maybe wouldn't be the worst time to GET in the habit.
Seriously does anyone really believe these mouth breathers care who it sitting on the bench? Waiting for some brave journalist to do a man on the street interview asking protestors to name 3 LIVING Supreme Court justices. They just want to watch it all burn, they don't care who it is.

AHM

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, NO! Not Ted. Instead please:

Amy Coney Barrett
She's the only one that anyone's been talking about for 3+ years.

Gonna be interesting if Trump pulls the old switcheroo and nominates someone else this time;
someone else the chattering skulls know nothing about.

mg42doc

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Dems have nobody to blame but themselves.

Thank Harry Reid for changing the senate rules to make all this possible
Thank RBG for not retiring under Obama, like she (strategically) should have. Fear not, though, she will live forever in memes.
Thanks Hillary for not campaigning in Wisconsin, and for being the most unlikable candidate ever.

Dems absolutely would have rammed someone through if the shoe was on the other foot, but they didn't have the Senate.

Obama did tell us once, "Elections have consequences.";)

mg42doc

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
the Dems will try to drag this out, perhaps by saying that it's indecent to appoint a new justice before RBG has been properly honored and buried.

Then they'll parade her corpse around the country on a viewing tour until next January. Book it. It'll be some Weekend at Bernie's shit.

Top Bottom