RBG Replacement Supreme Court Appointment megathread

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love what McConnell is going to do. Put a nominee on the floor and put flakey RINO's like Romney, Murkowski and the lot on the spot. Make them vote one way or the other because I'll promise you that if the Prez puts up a solid conservative likeable pick and those coward senators vote no then their careers are OVER.

BigTimber

NES Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I want to agree with you, but after Kavanaugh I don't think polarizing matters. Kavanaugh is the epitome of squeaky clean and they trashed him.
Exactly 100%, not “polarizing“ is a ridiculous Pipe dream. No matter who he picks their instantly “polarizing “. F the left and their feelings. Like the douche bag Said elections have consequences.

10thSFFD

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have another one for those of you who love classy. This one should not be a surprise. Very classy, very people focused, and straight from the bat of darkness:

Chuck Schumer
@SenSchumer
· 2h
The American people should have a voice in the selection of their next Supreme Court Justice.
Therefore, this vacancy should not be filled until we have a new president.

LittleCalm

NES Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
The republicans barely got Kav through against baseless allegations. You think they’ll have the stones to ram someone through now? Won’t happen folks.

KBCraig

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only way to slide this in more easily is to do a women or a women of color. The Dems would look like fools trying to destroy her.
Not sure if serious.

You've never seen the kind of vengeance the left unleashes against a woman, a minority, or especially a minority woman, who dares venture outside the role the left assigns her.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
The republicans barely got Kav through against baseless allegations. You think they’ll have the stones to ram someone through now? Won’t happen folks.
Except this is all upside. If they ram a justice through right now they take the politics of it away from the dems. If they wait then it becomes a referendum on SCOTUS instead of dementia joe and his ridiculous missteps. So they strengthen their position by getting SCOTUS out of the way and demoralize dem voters who will see it as already finished and thus not an important issue. Getting the squish repubs on board will be mission #1 right now for republican leadership. Beg, threaten, or blackmail they need to get the committee members to vote it to the floor.

TLB

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm rooting for a trump nomination of course. But you do realize the Republicans f***ed obama out of a nomination with 9 months to election day with the excuse if "the election cycle has started". And here we are hoping to force one through in a matter of days.

Politics suck......both parties are two faced f***s.
Little different. Obama was a lame duck and the Republicans held the Senate. Harry Reid destroyed the Senate rules with his unbridled partisanship. It's all fair game now.

10thSFFD

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They have done it, though. I believe looting, peaceful rioting and commie made destruction of America did move Republicans from the neutral to the first gear. They will have to go for it!

beaker

NES Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
10 to 1 that is why Mitch has already said there will be a vote., because HE is one of the 35 senators that are up for reelection this year. So is Grahm. What a perfect combination of events aligning in such a way as to force them to do their f***ing jobs. Voters may not have very long memories. But you can be damn sure they will remember who refused to vote what could be only days, at most a few weeks, before their heads are on the chopping block. I bet their shitting their RINO pants right now.
He may be just saying that and then blame someone else. Mitch is a weasel, so is Graham.

LittleCalm

NES Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Except this is all upside. If they ram a justice through right now they take the politics of it away from the dems. If they wait then it becomes a referendum on SCOTUS instead of dementia joe and his ridiculous missteps. So they strengthen their position by getting SCOTUS out of the way and demoralize dem voters who will see it as already finished and thus not an important issue. Getting the squish repubs on board will be mission #1 right now for republican leadership. Beg, threaten, or blackmail they need to get the committee members to vote it to the floor.
Yes, but that would be the strategic thing to do as a republican. They don’t think that way because unlike democrats are too scared. You watch.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Yes, but that would be the strategic thing to do as a republican. They don’t think that way because unlike democrats are too scared. You watch.
Mitch Mcconnell has already said that his pick would get a vote, I think they are going to be more aggressive with this than some others seem to believe.

Top Bottom