RBG Replacement Supreme Court Appointment megathread

LoginName

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I knew a guy that a decade ago was diagnosed with prostate cancer that "had spread to his bones and he is riddled with cancer. It's in my spine. IT'S IN MY SPINE!!!!!" Oh gosh. He was a leader in the church and had a year to live - max. So so so sad. He had treatments and such. All for the prostate cancer. "Nothing can be done about the bone cancer. It's too late." Not really much pain. "No, I don't have the pain the doctors say I should have. I guess it's a blessing."

So the church re-org'd. Because he was "gonna die" he was appointed as one of the leaders of the new organization. He wasn't a good leader. But he "deserved it" and "was gonna die." Like this was the All Star Game instead of the operation of a church. ?????

He lived 8 frickin years. EIGHT!

To this day, I wonder if he had some sort of miracle in him, his doctor was a quack or he "lied" (really just took the "maybe's" from the doc and made them absolute fact) in order to gain a position of power.
Good thing he was a church guy.
A lot of people would have said 'f*** it' at that point
and maxed out all their credit cards.

If Trump is reelected, she will explode into a puff of dust.
He could do that now if he wanted with just a snap of his fingers.

Trump Thanos.jpg

calsdad

NES Member
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
she should be retired as she is incapable of carrying out her responsibility to the court. She is never there. She should go.

And all the people I know who have known people with pancreatic cancer always talk about them in the past tense. because they are all dead. Alex Trebek will be dead before RBG. So my guess is she does not have pancreatic cancer. This is just the left's rhetoric to screw with the right.
As soon as it was announced she had pancreatic cancer - she should have retired. If she wanted to have any sort of legacy as a honest person who was in that position to "serve the country" - that's what she would have done.

The fact that she has stayed on all this time - and the fact that she's never there - should in my mind be the final chapter of her legacy - and somebody should make a follow up movie to that one that came out a couple of years ago showing what a dishonest partisan political hack she turned out to be judged by her actions in old age.

George Washington was almost being FORCED to assume the presidency for multiple terms - he declined because he thought it was the wrong thing to do and would set a bad precedent going forward.

Ruth Bader Ginsberg apparently doesn't give two shits about any of these things as she just sits in her seat despite her complete inability to even do the job.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
As soon as it was announced she had pancreatic cancer - she should have retired. If she wanted to have any sort of legacy as a honest person who was in that position to "serve the country" - that's what she would have done.

The fact that she has stayed on all this time - and the fact that she's never there - should in my mind be the final chapter of her legacy - and somebody should make a follow up movie to that one that came out a couple of years ago showing what a dishonest partisan political hack she turned out to be judged by her actions in old age.

George Washington was almost being FORCED to assume the presidency for multiple terms - he declined because he thought it was the wrong thing to do and would set a bad precedent going forward.

Ruth Bader Ginsberg apparently doesn't give two shits about any of these things as she just sits in her seat despite her complete inability to even do the job.
Exactly right. Supposedly led by the constitution and not partisan politics and this proves it’s all bs. She’s a hack.

Boris

Son of Kalashnikov
NES Member
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
If she makes it to 90 - that is to say, if she makes it to 2024, the liberal hope is: that if Trump is reelected, that Dems control both houses and refuse to vote on any Trump nominee in his final year. 4 years is a long time for someone who is just barely hanging on as it is.
She doesn't have average rate healthcare, especially given her worth to the left.

They may as well induce her into coma and let her stew on ice for the next four years. She isn't doing her work, she is just waiting for Trump to be out of the WH.

Choctaw

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
She doesn't have average rate healthcare, especially given her worth to the left.

They may as well induce her into coma and let her stew on ice for the next four years. She isn't doing her work, she is just waiting for Trump to be out of the WH.

Yep, she is just a placeholder.

calsdad

NES Member
Rating - 100%
28   0   0

Somebody needs to go find the person who put a pillow over Scalia's face and ask them if they'd like another contract.

Picton

NES Member
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I saw a tabloid magazine in the Grocery check out line that says " New Miracle Cancer Cure Could Save Alex Trebek".
Maybe Ruthie was their test subject.
I can be somewhat objective: I hate RBG’s politics, but I respect her experience and her achievements in the legal field. Ordinarily I’d value any SCOTUS justice over any TV celebrity.

But if pancreatic cancer were to take a loss with one of these two, I’d much rather Alex Trebek survive than RBG.

Brewer

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Perhaps because even though she's been physically frail for over 20 years, her mind is still sharp as a tack.

While I disagree with her about almost(?) everything, she still does her job.
She might not have dementia (unless hidden like FDR's wheelchair) but she doesn't exactly inspire confidence.
static.politico.jpg

jpk

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
She might not have dementia (unless hidden like FDR's wheelchair) but she doesn't exactly inspire confidence.
View attachment 324216
Well....my understanding is that failing to attend various stages of a hearing/case results in her not being able to participate in the final vote for a case......that eliminates a reliable leftist vote for tyranny....if thats any consolation

NewGuyRay

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
What I'd like to know is who actually hired her last few crops of clerks? How much does she actually participate these days in drafting opinions and dissents? Are "the leftists" taking care of the writing for her, thus only needing her rubber stamp of approval? Is she really in control of the work product being produced in her name?

namedpipes

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
The fact that she didn't resign during Obama's 2nd term shows how certain the left was that Hillary would be elected. She figured, "I'll get this last couple of years in, retire and rest easy knowing my replacement is another lefty." I'll bet she messed her depends when Trump won.

Now she's desperately trying to hold on long enough to deny him another SCOTUS pick.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Perhaps because even though she's been physically frail for over 20 years, her mind is still sharp as a tack.
Well, I wonder about that. I had an MRI at 60 due to an inner ear issue, came back normal EXCEPT for normal 'aged related brain atrophy'. Turns out we lose 5% of brain mass per decade after 40. They can tell your age by MRI. And i'm reasonably fit, challenging job, makes no difference.

JayMcB

NES Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Well, I wonder about that. I had an MRI at 60 due to an inner ear issue, came back normal EXCEPT for normal 'aged related brain atrophy'. Turns out we lose 5% of brain mass per decade after 40. They can tell your age by MRI. And i'm reasonably fit, challenging job, makes no difference.
how many decades past 40 before you're guaranteed to be a democrat?

I guess it depends on how little you started with....

namedpipes

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
how many decades past 40 before you're guaranteed to be a democrat?

I guess it depends on how little you started with....
Guaranteed?

Let's see, life expectancy in the US is 78.69 years, less 40 gives us...

38.69 years until you're (on average) guaranteed to be a democrat.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The fact that she didn't resign during Obama's 2nd term shows how certain the left was that Hillary would be elected. She figured, "I'll get this last couple of years in, retire and rest easy knowing my replacement is another lefty." I'll bet she messed her depends when Trump won.

Now she's desperately trying to hold on long enough to deny him another SCOTUS pick.
I believe she's still around simply because she's arrogant and setting another milestone(or two) sends her self worth through the exosphere. I seem to recall reading an article during O's term stating she wanted to be the oldest serving SCJ ever beating out Stevens. Once they accepted that they began shitting on Kennedy for hanging around, again IIRC.

Picton

NES Member
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I believe she's still around simply because she's arrogant and setting another milestone(or two) sends her self worth through the exosphere. I seem to recall reading an article during O's term stating she wanted to be the oldest serving SCJ ever beating out Stevens. Once they accepted that they began shitting on Kennedy for hanging around, again IIRC.
Who'd a thunk it?

RBG: the TB12 of the SCOTUS. "Just one... more... year..."

Top Bottom