Razzor Ranch Florida...Any NES'ers Hunt There?

Yes to each their own. I just gave my honest opinion of who high fence and preserve hunting is for.

For people who are taking something like that as serious hunting and acting like heros......yeah I agree with your assessment.

However, I've harvested nearly 100 wild Whitetail deer, and have quite a few 125" plus deer on the wall, all from 4 New England States.
Yet, I've hunted preserves in the Northeast to get some pork, and have some fun with a bunch of buddies on a few days off.

Now I suck at hunting.....yeah...OK.

Attitudes like this are what tear us apart. The guy wants to go to Florida and shoot some pork what's the problem?
Not all of us have the time to spend a week scouting, and a lot of times, public land sucks, or when your travelling hogs may not even be in season.
Most southern states have seasons on public land, you can't just go down there and hunt year round.

So you've been ;).
Specifically looking for archery on pigs.
He's not even an archery hunter.......go down there and have fun. I've never hunted there though.

I think I'm doing a ranch in South Carolina in the spring for hogs.

Not high fence, but probably corn feeder.....so I won't brag because that's still sucking at hunting according to some here.

Last edited:
For people who are taking something like that as serious hunting and acting like heros......yeah I agree with your assessment.

However, I've harvested nearly 100 wild Whitetail deer, and have quite a few 125" plus deer on the wall, all from 4 New England States.
Yet, I've hunted preserves in the Northeast to get some pork, and have some fun with a bunch of buddies on a few days off.

Attitudes like this are what tear us apart. The guy wants to go to Florida and shoot some pork what's the problem?
Not all of us have the time to spend a week scouting, and a lot of times, public land sucks, or when your travelling hogs may not even be in season.
Most southern states have seasons on public land, you can't just go down there and hunt year round.
Let's not call it hunting then....... im not against it, but it is taking a lot of the skills out of it. Im sure it is exciting, and not for all. But when they have pictures of deer on their page and half of them have large fences in the background, its kind of embarrassing for anyone to walk away from there and think they are a skilled hunter. I've watched some YouTube videos on the place of actual hunts, I would say beside the actual shot, there was no skill in the hunt, but I can't even say that, one video had a guy that had to do a mercy kill because he missed his target.
On a side note, anyone want to go fishing this weekend?
20210109_181325.jpg

Easy bud. Didn't need your resume either.

Look at the places website. They call it hunting. Its not. Thats more my point.

Animals in lockdown for a easy hunt. No thank you.

I appreciate sitting in the woods for hours. I like the challenge and relying on my skills.

Animals not in their natural setting is not for me.

He's not even an archery hunter.......go down there and have fun. I've never hunted there though.

I think I'm doing a ranch in South Carolina in the spring for hogs.

Not high fence, but probably corn feeder.....so I won't brag because that's still sucking at hunting according to some here.
I've had good luck with Collins Low Country Hunt Club. All leased land and yes, most is over corn. Have a great time and let me know where you end up in SC.

For christ sakes boys, where did anybody refer to this as hunting? I, the original poster did not refer to it as hunting. Granted, the outfitter calls it hunting. That's capitalism I suppose.
I eat meat. Somebody kills that animal. I'm hoping to enjoy a few hours in a stand watching the pigs and deer before I try my archery skills and remove the middle man from my diet. I certainly hope that doesn't offend any of you high and mighty types.

For christ sakes boys, where did anybody refer to this as hunting? I, the original poster did not refer to it as hunting. Granted, the outfitter calls it hunting. That's capitalism I suppose.
I eat meat. Somebody kills that animal. I'm hoping to enjoy a few hours in a stand watching the pigs and deer before I try my archery skills and remove the middle man from my diet. I certainly hope that doesn't offend any of you high and mighty types.
Never said it offended me. I gave my opinion of what it is based on what the website advertises it as.....and that its not for me.

Enjoy shooting your pig. Seriously.

I've had good luck with Collins Low Country Hunt Club. All leased land and yes, most is over corn. Have a great time and let me know where you end up in SC.
Thanks John, I will check that out.

I'm looking at doing Moree's. I can do a large variety of things there, and I wanted to check the place out, they have a heck of a lot to offer, and Im down there a few times a year so it would be nice to have a spot to go to where I can just pay one price and do a bunch of stuff, like sporting clays, pheasant, deer, quail, duck,hog and turkey.

Easy bud. Didn't need your resume either.

Look at the places website. They call it hunting. Its not. Thats more my point.
Im not trying to be a dick.....my "resume" was just to indicate that it isn't just jackaloons that go to these places. I do believe my first statement that I don't feel its hunting either technically.
But in other states especially down south and west hunting isn't what it is here either. Its just different.

Also, what if some handicapped guy wants to "hunt" there? Does he suck as a hunter?

Sorry if I'm being soft, but its still passing judgement because you feel the hunting you do is somehow superior. Be careful with that.......because somewhere there is an archery hunter who gets his buck every year in Northern ME, where deer are 1 per square mile. He or she can CERTAINLY say your hunting on small woodlots in eastern MA/NH is a canned hunt, because the deer are bottled up on tiny little woodlots between neighborhoods.

My point is where do we draw the line, and that's all I meant. I think we are on the same page.....but I dislike judging anyone who wants to go in any field and grab some meat by whatever means make them happy.

Im not trying to be a dick.....my "resume" was just to indicate that it isn't just jackaloons that go to these places. I do believe my first statement that I don't feel its hunting either technically.
But in other states especially down south and west hunting isn't what it is here either. Its just different.

Also, what if some handicapped guy wants to "hunt" there? Does he suck as a hunter?

Sorry if I'm being soft, but its still passing judgement because you feel the hunting you do is somehow superior. Be careful with that.......because somewhere there is an archery hunter who gets his buck every year in Northern ME, where deer are 1 per square mile. He or she can CERTAINLY say your hunting on small woodlots in eastern MA/NH is a canned hunt, because the deer are bottled up on tiny little woodlots between neighborhoods.

My point is where do we draw the line, and that's all I meant. I think we are on the same page.....but I dislike judging anyone who wants to go in any field and grab some meat by whatever means make them happy.
I think its fair to say we can draw the line that its not hunting big game if its genetically enhanced, raised behind a high fence, and fed in front of your stand. Note.....I mean all three combined. Some states allow baiting (feeders) and I've always been a proponent of if its legal its legal.

Its also not hunting birds if they are dropping ducks and pheasant off a tower or releasing them and driving them at you to shoot.

I think we agree on that.

As far as me "judging".......I'm reall only judging it negatively if the service provider.....and the customer.....are calling it hunting.

If I did something like that I’d go to TX (I think) and go for Nilgai. It’s not canned and not terribly expensive. Not really hunting as I think they are over-prolific and easy to shoot even on your own.

Back
Top Bottom