Raymond Sportsmen's Club

Infinite Jester

Navy Veteran
Yea or Nay?
I was just on their website, and they look to be the kind of club I'm used to, and grew up shooting at. No frills outdoor ranges in the woods. Seemed similar to Georgetown, where I was a member at last. The price seemed right, and they're fairly close to home. I did a search on here, but most of the results were back from 09. Are there any members here that might offer some insight? I got kind of spoiled at Georgetown. Half the time I went, I'd have the run of the place.
Seems they meet on the first Wednesday of the month, and take memberships. Didn't see anything about them being maxed out.

I've been there once for a NES shoot. Nice large concrete covered shooting position to various distances. Also, the Chester club is about a mile away, on the same road. Check that one out too. I think that Chester has more ranges. Full auto OK at Raymond (at least it was for the shoot), don't know about Chester. Jack.

Read the Chester range rules. Looks a little fuddy. No draw from holster. No full auto.

http://www.chesterrodandgunclub.com/range-rules

Let us know what you find out if you don't mind.

No full auto no problem with me, (not that I agree with it, its just not applicable to me)
No draw from holster is always a weird one. I can understand the potential for an accident, but training for real life involves breaking leather.
I'll probably check out their November meeting.

No full auto no problem with me, (not that I agree with it, its just not applicable to me)
No draw from holster is always a weird one. I can understand the potential for an accident, but training for real life involves breaking leather.
I'll probably check out their November meeting.

Same, but still. I didn't move up here from MA to join a MORE restrictive gun club (I was a HSC member in MA)!

I added myself to their waiting list. I guess they accept 20 new members/month....

Same, but still. I didn't move up here from MA to join a MORE restrictive gun club (I was a HSC member in MA)!

I added myself to their waiting list. I guess they accept 20 new members/month....

I get where you're coming from. One of the weird side effects of freedom, is everyone shoots up here, so membership caps are kind of necessary I suppose, but it doesn't make it easy to find a club close to home.

Read the Chester range rules. Looks a little fuddy. No draw from holster. No full auto.

http://www.chesterrodandgunclub.com/range-rules

Let us know what you find out if you don't mind.

Drawing from a holster is allowed but only after a certification class, which is done by the Action Shooting Committee. After that, drawing from a holster is approved, but only in the Action Shoot pits and only if another certified Action Shooting member is present.

Drawing from a holster is allowed but only after a certification class, which is done by the Action Shooting Committee. After that, drawing from a holster is approved, but only in the Action Shoot pits and only if another certified Action Shooting member is present.

3 x "only"

For those requirements, **** it.

How will they ever learn to draw from a holster and practice under those rules?

Most people carrying never practice getting the gun out. Could be a real shit show if they ever get under pressure and need to use the gun fast.

I belong to a club that lets us draw from a holster. I tend to show up with my gun in my holster, so waiting around for someone else certified would be a bitch. I get different clubs different rules.

How will they ever learn to draw from a holster and practice under those rules?

Most people carrying never practice getting the gun out. Could be a real shit show if they ever get under pressure and need to use the gun fast.

I belong to a club that lets us draw from a holster. I tend to show up with my gun in my holster, so waiting around for someone else certified would be a bitch. I get different clubs different rules.

There is no issue pulling from a holster, as long as the shooter has taken a 1 hour certification class. Once passed, the shooter can set up a course of fire, pull from a holster, and run the course. Its called Action Shooting, but it is more similar to IDPA. Most guys will train with 3 or 4 others, set up their obstacles, and engage their targets. Not sure if that helps, just wanted to pass it along.

Back
Top Bottom