• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Rattlecan Paint job for rifle

Yea this m definitely leaning towards it being too busy, I’m going to do the lower and upper OD, re evaluate and go from there. I appreciate the input

Start with a tan or light brown as you base coat then add on the progressively darker colors in patterns.

There's several good youtubes on this subject, view several and go from there. You want to break up the hard lines and outlines.

Start with a tan or light brown as you base coat then add on the progressively darker colors in patterns.

There's several good youtubes on this subject, view several and go from there. You want to break up the hard lines and outlines.
Yes that is the direction I’m going. The more I looked at it the more I knew it wasn’t right. That’s why I posted it here for you fellas to tell me it’s not a good look. Thank You again guys 🍻

I’m still messing around with this thing, almost there View attachment 411229
In the end you can only see what works and what you end up liking.

For cammo to work you need to use the right color scheme/pattern

My dad said for basic cammo to work
Dark area become light light area necome dark and you break up the edges where they meet.

That said if tour just looking for something cool and the DIY aspect do what you will.
I really dont cammo anything anymore. Used to use cammo wrap on the 870 for hunting. Did a few paintball guns 30 years ago.
One look I dont like is what I have come to call the paint by number job
Its a classic pattern and popular with some.
4EB3A600-2BFC-4B91-8580-71D56B870081.jpeg

My daughter wants me to figure out how to mount “her” ar on the pottery wheel so she can do a rotating splash cammo in grays and blacks ? Im waiting for this gray/black phase to end:rolleyes:

know anyone with one of those arts and crafts printers that can so stencils.
My friend cammo’s almost everyrhing he gets all sorts of stencils and just starts painting.

Last edited:
In the “rules” of cammo that flash light and optic would stand out hard, no?
I believe so. The only other gun I have that's camo is my Rhodesian FAL, and per regulations there were certain parts not painted, like the muzzle brake.

tried my hand yesterday on my 870, looks like shit

Attachments

• 20211021_161742.jpg
    20211021_161742.jpg
    331.9 KB · Views: 37
  • 20211021_161741.jpg
    20211021_161741.jpg
    316.2 KB · Views: 37
  • 20211021_161738.jpg
    20211021_161738.jpg
    340.2 KB · Views: 37
I think it looks a bit better, I may need to throw in some tans when I can find the paint
to bad you did not take a pic of the previous camo attempt in the grass like the newer attempt. I mean you go with what you like but I think the 1st attempt looks better and darn near blended in well with the room.
camo is not easy and its a trick on our eyes. Our eyes like to see what they think they are supposed to see? Something like that. Thats how slight of hand works. Our eyes will fool us.

Back
Top Bottom