Ratchet Style Gun Belts - Nexbelt vs Kore Essentials

LuvDog

NES Member
OK... in the Hanks thread, I made a post that I have been using the Kore Essentials belt for a while. I have 4 of them. 2 Leather and 2 Tactical in Brown and Black.

I ordered a NexBelt - the Supreme Appendix because I liked the specs on the buckle.

According to my calipers the NexBelt is 4mm thick and the Kore is 5mm thick. It doesn't seem like a lot, but the Kore is definitely stiffer. Absolutely no sag at all when holding one side and holding the belt horizontally. The NexBelt does dip on the far side.

Also, the Kore is a year old and zero twist/folding at all in the width of the belt. The NexBelt also didn't have any twist/folding, but it's brand new. It's stiff, and it seems very rigid, but just not as rigid as the Kore. We'll see after a year if it's the same.

The initial fit and finish is nicer with the NexBelt. The taper is nice on the tail of the belt and the stitching is very straight. The back side is the same material as the front
The Kore is more rustic. You can see the squared off tail. It's just there- no real attempt to make it fancy. The stitching on the back is not as straight as the NexBelt. The backing is nicer on the Kore since I think it's leather

The Kore has double stitching and the NexBelt is single stitching. From a durability perspective, the Kore will most likely be better in the long run.

So, the NexBelt is definitely nicer when it comes to fit and finish. We'll have to see about durability.
The Kore is more rigid and shows good durability.

The tapered belt is the NexBelt and the Squared one is the Kore.
The NexBelt buckle has the "n"

Belts2.jpgBelts.jpg

Buckles2.jpgBuckles.jpg

I have two Nexbelts and they are fantastic. Plenty sturdy enough for what I carry p365 plus extra mag in a tier1 holster, and G19 with spare mag - same holster set up. Their price is reasonable as well.

I have a Nexbelt on, love it for edc, but I usually carry in the pocket or something small like a g26, j frame, or p365, owb at 3-4 o'clock under a shirt or jacket. It is not quite stiff enough for a full size pistol/revolver owb though, interesting to see what you think of the Kore.

I just ordered 2 tactical belts & buckles from Kore - should be here this Thursday. I was following the "Hanks" belt thread and read about ratcheting belts and my ears perked up so to speak. The ratcheting mechanism makes total sense to me from a comfort standpoint and the belt stiffness from a pistol support standpoint. I have several leather and tactical style gun belts that I'm hoping will be replaced by the Kore gun belt. I picked up an inexpensive Mission gun belt off of Amazon a while ago and that has held up well in terms of comfort and support. I looked at the Anson, Nexbelts and Kore and decided on the Kore after watching a bunch of YouTube reviews plus I liked the look and buckle styles the best out of the three - JMO. Gun belts are like holsters - everybody seems to have a bunch of them hanging around!

I have a Nexbelt on, love it for edc, but I usually carry in the pocket or something small like a g26, j frame, or p365, owb at 3-4 o'clock under a shirt or jacket. It is not quite stiff enough for a full size pistol/revolver owb though, interesting to see what you think of the Kore.

I don't OWB, but my feeling on the Kore is that I could hang a sledge hammer on mine and it wouldn't sag.

I think I'm going to buy a Nexbelt Supreme Appendix. Been looking at it for a few days, so appreciate the real world review. Love the small buckle. Largest gun I plan to carry with it is a P365 and spare mag.

Well I am in the same predicament. I have a Hanks belt that I've had for so many years probably over 10. I like the belts with the ratcheting system though. I bought a Raw Dog belt but not as stiff as I would like.

Do you guys that have the Kore and the Nexbelts have any updates after using them for a while? I am leaning towards the nexbelt because I can get it on Amazon faster.

I've been wearing Kore belts for years, my main one is the double stitch nylon that has been an every day belt for a good 3 years or so while working construction/carrying guns. Can't say enough about them.

Mine are still holding up great. I will say that I have several, so they get rotated, but no sag in any of them.

I use a leather kore "gun belt" I believe. Overall I'm happy but its still not as good as my thicker leather one. It's not so much sag but the "girth" of the belt. My holsters belt loops and clips have too much wiggle room on the kore belt.

Back
Top Bottom