• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Rare SKS at Big E gun show

Here is a Rare SKS I picked up at the Big E gun shop today. It is a stamped receiver SKS. It is all matching, the stock is a little beat up but not bad. The Big E gun show has been good to me the last two times, in October I found a sino-soviet SKS and now a stamped reciever one. There was a lot of cool guns there today (just wish I had lots more money so I could bring home more). I had to clean a bunch of cosmoline out of it now I can't wait to see how it fires. You can still find some interesting gun at gun shows.

DSC03158.jpg

DSC03159.jpg

DSC03160.jpg

Nice find. I think I saw that one at a show before. Not sure why I didn't get it, must have been a day when I found something else or another SKS.
The last few shows I've been to have had rare variant SKS types including paratroopers and some odd old Russian ones. Still haven't seen an Izhevsk marked one though. I've heard of people finding them along with asst. rarities like Yugo snipers and Koreans and getting them for good money since the seller had no idea on the type he was selling, but none have come my way yet.
Worst one I missed recently was a 1950 Russian with the original spring loaded firing pin and old style bolt. It was on the trader boards for $200.[crying]

Back
Top Bottom