• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

rape whistle for coyote defense

wha da fug?

Newton neighbors concerned about coyotes so expert Q&A

http://newton.wickedlocal.com/article/20150401/NEWS/150409402/?Start=2

One night about two weeks ago Jeff Lieb’s black mini poodle, Trixie, woke him up in the middle of the night to go outside. Lieb got out of bed and made his way to let her out into the fenced back yard on Parker Street. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary.

He had no idea that was going to be the last time he would ever see the family pet.

One man told the group that after his Westie went missing six years ago he suspected coyotes, which showed up often near the back of his yard shortly after.

“They were looking for more,” he said.

He asked if he could buy a pellet gun to remove a coyote from his property.

The experts both said shooting a coyote, even if it were on private property would amount to hunting. Torres recommended carrying a cayenne based pepper spray, a stick or a whistle and scaring the animal off instead.

Seems very misleading. In the context of protecting your animals, there are surely situations that are justified in shooting a coyote even if you're not hunting.

I agree you need to stand your ground but blowing a whistle seems pretty weak. At least get an air horn!

Last edited:
Coyote season run from October to March.
You can defend yourself ,livestock, or pets from an attacking animal at any time.
I don't know who the dipshit passing themselves off as some sort of expert is.
A friend had a similar problem in Weymouth a few years ago and the town told them that coyotes are protected and they would have anyone harming them prosecuted. [rolleyes]

Coyote season run from October to March.
You can defend yourself ,livestock, or pets from an attacking animal at any time.
I don't know who the dipshit passing themselves off as some sort of expert is.
A friend had a similar problem in Weymouth a few years ago and the town told them that coyotes are protected and they would have anyone harming them prosecuted. [rolleyes]

The day I read that someone in Mass acted in self-defense against livestock, is the day I die of laughing.

5310d97511d44deabd58e4fda22b08dd7872ceadede7e1ecb49cc29ce8f07694.jpg

I don't know who the dipshit passing themselves off as some sort of expert is. [rolleyes]

It was one of the police officers certified as an animal control officer (ACO) and a veterinarian.

Whoever asked if coyote can be shot with a pellet gun is my hero since it addresses both the right of property protection and whether the discharge of a pellet gun is governed by the discharge of a firearm.

Newton strong!

Last edited:
They should just pass a law that says its illegal for coyotes to be in your yard. Don't laws just fix everything!?

It was one of the police officers certified as an animal control officer (ACO) and a veterinarian.

Whoever asked if coyote can be shot with a pellet gun is my hero since it addresses both the right of property protection and whether the discharge of a pellet gun is governed by the discharge of a firearm.

Newton strong!

Don't even get me started on ACO's
They do make me alot of money though.
After they refuse to show up , I get called.

Back
Top Bottom