• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ranting of last night

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gun issue aside, and not to preach, but don't date guys that get plastered. No good comes from it.

This. I know you said you drove home but eventually the drinking will lead to a DUI or two or three. Maybe a restraining order...this is sounding like one of the cable commercials -- you know the ones.

It's going to end up being a real problem.

The guy has to be so confident of himself that he's OK with his wife going to hang out at other guy's houses, go shooting with other guys, go on business trips without him, hanging with other guys

/QUOTE]

You forgot the most manly thing a guy can to....so confident he freely loans his wife/gf his weapons and ammo to go to the range to shooting with whoever, then has complete confidence in her when the strips down the his weapons and cleans afterwards. That is confidence! [thumbsup]

I'd think it be bad ass of a women protected me with a gun . She would be a happy women that night.

Try using the singular and have fun. [wink]

-Proud to be dad every day, a licensed plumber most days, and wish I was a shoemaker on others.

Heck, I'm single and available, but I'm probably old enough to be QBs grandfather. I guess the only thing I got going for me is the women in my life have never EVER had to fret about ammo. [smile]

No, I'm very happy with my thought process. I've obviously not clarified it though, and left it open for misinterpretation.

Trust is everything, for sure. My point is - I don't behave disrespectfully in general. And if I'm in a relationship, I certainly make sure my boyfriend knows he's my priority.

On the flip side - I do have male friends. They are respectful too, we're just friends. No odd behaviors going on. So, yes, if a partner is being irrational about my friendship with them, despite how respectful everyone is behaving, the issue is his, and he won't last long.

In a public and open shop, you mean?

I'm pretty sure I used the word "irrational", somewhere earlier.....

If I were you I'd re-examine that thought.

That means you don't expect your guy to trust you and that you'd not trust him to hang around with other women.

Trust is everything.

It's not the having friends of the opposite sex that I find inappropriate - it's the behavior with them. Respectful people behave respectfully - there are no secretive meetings with the "friends", no flirtatious texting.......if you're respectful and your previous girlfriends have still had issues, then you were just unlucky with the girlfriends, and hopefully some better ones will come along for you!

I mite be messed up but I could care less if my gf/wife had guy friends.
It comes down to trust in my book .
Maybe it's cause I have friends that are girls and don't understand how my male friends , even my gay male friends don't understand I can be just friends.

There's a reason nearly 50% of marriages end in divorce.

I'm guessing that it's not because the other 50% don't trust their partners and are jealous and hover over them fearing they need constant protection from members of the opposite sex.

Just saying..

I consulted the oracle. (Mrs. Flare) She said that as a married woman her key is to not put herself into a position where she will have to say no to an advance.

Excluding me.

My advice to the fine ladies of NES... don't settle... at all.

There are good guys out there that were brought up right, that know how to act.

I just celebrated my 24th wedding anniversary, and sometimes it is still hard to breathe around her. When it is right, you know. And it doesn't dim with time.
I still look forward to spending time with my wife and just can't imagine life without her. My daughters know what to expect from men in their life, and my son has learned from my example.

We finish each others sentences and often when one of us says something, the other says " I was just thinking that!"

I still open doors, bring flowers and make sure my kids thank her for a nice meal. I have never blown a paycheck, come home drunk and rarely raise my voice and have never raised a hand to anyone in my house hold. The only time she has ever seen me get physical was in a restaurant when after several requests I told the three guys at the next table that if they kept spewing their vile and disgusting language in front of my wife and daughters that I was gonna kick the shit out of them. The owner asked them to leave and wouldn't let me pay for our meal.

Sure, I am a regular guy. I still look at a pretty girl, but don't ogle. We have a rule. If something is really important to us or the kids, we try to do it, but our focus has always been the kids.

Sorry for the lengthy rant, but ladies... don't settle. There is someone out there who will treat you like a Queen, and you deserve no less. I married my wife six months after we met, when I was fresh out of the Marine corps and would marry her again tomorrow. I don't know what she saw in a big, dumb Marine, but am thankful for her low standards!

1209-1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I mite be messed up but I could care less if my gf/wife had guy friends.
It comes down to trust in my book .
Maybe it's cause I have friends that are girls and don't understand how my male friends , even my gay male friends don't understand I can be just friends.

I'd think it be bad ass of a women protected me with a gun . She would be a happy women that night.

I'm still waiting on pm's for dates . Any of you other guys get them yet?

Now you lost me. You looking for guys, gals, or either?

Guy sounds like a complete loser.

Women that are into guns are a hot commodity, especially here in MA. You should only be dating 10/10s with looks and money :)

Where the hell are the single NES guys?

Not sure if Ben is in or out. Gillham?

My advice to the fine ladies of NES... don't settle... at all.

There are good guys out there that were brought up right, that know how to act.

I just celebrated my 24th wedding anniversary, and sometimes it is still hard to breathe around her. When it is right, you know. And it doesn't dim with time.
I still look forward to spending time with my wife and just can't imagine life without her. My daughters know what to expect from men in their life, and my son has learned from my example.

We finish each others sentences and often when one of us says something, the other says " I was just thinking that!"

I still open doors, bring flowers and make sure my kids thank her for a nice meal. I have never blown a paycheck, come home drunk and rarely raise my voice and have never raised a hand to anyone in my house hold. The only time she has ever seen me get physical was in a restaurant when after several requests I told the three guys at the next table that if they kept spewing their vile and disgusting language in front of my wife and daughters that I was gonna kick the shit out of them. The owner asked them to leave and wouldn't let me pay for our meal.

Sure, I am a regular guy. I still look at a pretty girl, but don't ogle. We have a rule. If something is really important to us or the kids, we try to do it, but our focus has always been the kids.

Sorry for the lengthy rant, but ladies... don't settle. There is someone out there who will treat you like a Queen, and you deserve no less. I married my wife six months after we met, when I was fresh out of the Marine corps and would marry her again tomorrow. I don't know what she saw in a big, dumb Marine, but am thankful for her low standards!

That's such a lovely story! Thanks for sharing it, and the nice photo too. You're so right though - nobody should settle. May we all be lucky enough to find a Mr/Mrs Fencer!

- - - Updated - - -

nice post Fencer...your a good man. now I can stop picturing you as your avatar :)

Yet, sadly, I'm still having a lot of trouble with yours......

This reminds me of High School. I went to the Vocational school. 300 dudes and 57 chicks. 20 were hot and in cosmo. The other 37 were either welders or plumbers. When a hottie was single it was only for like 10 min.

This reminds me of High School. I went to the Vocational school. 300 dudes and 57 chicks. 20 were hot and in cosmo. The other 37 were either welders or plumbers. When a hottie was single it was only for like 10 min.

We had a hottie in welding lol.
Cosmo girls where prego . Cooking girls got bigger as the years went on.

Ughhh, Sorry to hear this, I feel your pain QB. He sounds like most of the guys I've met in New England (castrated). That's a dealbreaker for me, for sure. I have no problem with people being anti-firearms - they have as much right to their opinion as I do to mine. But dating one of them isn't even vaguely an option. Ditto with the "plastered" - either one of those things would've done it for me, but both together - wow, you didn't have the best night with him!

I came to the realization a few months ago, that the most manly guys I've met in the dating world since living in MA, have either been transplants from the Midwest or the south, or have been military/law enforcement. Most of the locals have been like whiny little girls.

Damn it, QB, we need MEN!! WHERE ARE THEY?!?!?!?!

Girls with a brain in their head grab them fast and hang on to them up here, they're rare.

edit: and knowing quite a few male members of LE in the area, I can tell you, there's plenty of whiny bitches in those ranks, as well.

You trying to insinuate I don't have a brain in my head?

Oh god no, you're not from here, right? I simply meant that the ones that do, as well, got a head start on you.

(Nothing I said was meant to be insulting at all, just saying that good, solid guys up here are hard to come by. It's tough as a male to even find good guys to hang out with.)

Last edited:
Oh god no, you're not from here, right? I simply meant that the ones that do, as well, got a head start on you.

(Nothing I said was meant to be insulting at all, just saying that good, solid guys up here are hard to come by. It's tough as a male to even find good guys to hang out with.)

Hehe, so sorry, I was being cheeky! I should know better - it doesn't translate well in one dimension!

I agree with you too - even aside from dating, it's tough even finding good folk to want as friends - male or female.

I always get the full body search when at a show at the HoB; were you at a show, or just the bar?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom