RANT

PATRON

NES Life Member
NES Member
OK,I just needed to vent on this one.I win an auction on GunBrokers for a gun stock so seller emails me ,and tells me how much for shipping,and where
to send the USPS money order.I am in Florida so I send him the money order from my location in Florida stating to send item to this location.I get an
email from GB that stated he was not sure he could send the item to Florida because it's not the address on my contact info.Now you cannot get
any ones contact info unless you win the auction,so he knows who won the auction,has a USPS money order for the amount. What is wrong with people
today.Now he most likely will send the stock to Boston,and I will have to pay extra to have it shipped to Florida. Thank you for listening,now you can go back to enjoying some heavy drinking

If you want a "special service" (shipping to other than the registered address), you should have checked before the auction was completed.

When I was selling on line, I'd not have done it, as if it's not shipped to the registered address, and the buyer claims non-delivery, the auction site would side with the buyer. I admit that this not as potentially bad for the seller, as they can't stop payment, but it leaves the potential for negative feedback.

I was happy to accommodate, but only if pre-arranged.

Does this need to be moved to the "Stupid things done in Florida" thread.[rofl2]
It's just like those shops that won't ship a hat to a MA address.

You should tell him "It's illegal to possess in MA and that he has to ship it to the Florida address unless he wants to risk prosecution".[smile]

Sorry, just kidding here. Some people couldn't pass reading and comprehension.

I haven't had much of a hassle. Some guys are straight up dicks and others are cool and will work with you.

My brother purchased a pre ban mag off there and the dealer was saying it was a Mass law that all magazines be sent to FFLs. He said he talked to the AG and the AG office told him that.... ok pal.

I have been using GB since it first started and have NEVER had any problems.

Well there was this one guy that didn't ship, but he then email me and refunded the $ automatically...Then the ATF gave me a visit.
But they were asking me a bunch of questions about HIM and not me. There was THAT.

RC

I have had no problems with any other seller about sending to Florida.I did change
my address on my info,and I will change it back when I go back to Boston.

That does suck,but as a seller I wouldn't ship anything to an address the buyer gives me after the fact.

Fraud protection, works for the buyer and the seller.

I think it has less to do with what the item is and more to do with helping prevent fraud.

Yeah. The guy gets payment and maybe it’s a scam. Lol. Like the guys act got hacked so someone would pay for and ship him a gun stock.
I don’t see the sellers issue. You have a MO. Cash it. Ship it where required. Done deal.

Back
Top Bottom