Rant - Where does this logic come from? Rant

Realtor MA

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rant warning. Sorry if these topics are too sensitive for you. I couldn't hold it in anymore.

Why do people think that the relatives of a victim suddenly have a better sense of how to prevent a problem? I feel sorry for your loss but get the hell off your soap box. You have no idea what you're talking about and the politicians are using you.

Why do people think that new laws will help? Seriously. Enforce the laws that are out there and eliminate some of the stupid ones. The sheriff of Middlesex county recently sent out a call for more gun laws. Screw you. How about you keep dangerous people behind bars. And how about you enforce the thousands of laws that are out there!!!!

Why do people think laws will control people? Do they really think that panacea is just an attitude adjustment away? I read a facebook post suggesting that men need to change their attitude about domestic abuse. Men can make it stop. Wrong asshat. A well armed woman can make it stop!

What is this Boston Strong bullcrap? If I hear one more person talk about how the terrorists can't/won't beat us I'm going to puke. What? Why? They won't beat us because you're wearing a Boston
Strong tee shirt? Or maybe you think they wont' beat us because you're willing to let your car get searched every time you go in a parking garage. Or is it simply because you think the terrorists are a football team and Brady can beat their secondary? Seriously. I think some of these people think this is like rooting for a sports team. Now if you plan to build a neighborhood watch or actually plan on making a difference then more power to you. Of course Kudos to the people who actually lived through the nightmare and I'm proud of the heroes that emerged. Obviously we've seen a lot of people step up. But Boston Strong??? As in strongly suggesting that we need more security and cameras and drones?

Which brings me to another point. Watertown Strong!! Are you kidding me? Strong. As in strong supporters of hiding in your houses? What on earth happened that day to make a Watertown person proud?? Oh that's right. NOTHING!

What is this Boston Strong bullcrap? If I hear one more person talk about how the terrorists can't/won't beat us I'm going to puke. What? Why? They won't beat us because you're wearing a Boston
Strong tee shirt? Or maybe you think they wont' beat us because you're willing to let your car get searched every time you go in a parking garage. Or is it simply because you think the terrorists are a football team and Brady can beat their secondary? Seriously. I think some of these people think this is like rooting for a sports team. Now if you plan to build a neighborhood watch or actually plan on making a difference then more power to you. Of course Kudos to the people who actually lived through the nightmare and I'm proud of the heroes that emerged. Obviously we've seen a lot of people step up. But Boston Strong??? As in strongly suggesting that we need more security and cameras and drones?

I bought a Boston Strong shirt on Ink to the people. The proceeds go to the One Fund Boston charity. It's a way of showing your support to the victims, as well as showing that Boston is resilient despite a terrorist attack. It doesn't represent policy, it doesn't represent security and drones. Not sure who told you that.

Which brings me to another point. Watertown Strong!! Are you kidding me? Strong. As in strong supporters of hiding in your houses? What on earth happened that day to make a Watertown person proud?

"Watertown strong/proud because my dog didn't get shot"
"Watertown strong/proud because I stayed in my house like I was told and the police came and protected me. In fact they protected the hell out of me. Want to see the bruises?"

I bought a Boston Strong shirt on Ink to the people. The proceeds go to the One Fund Boston charity. It's a way of showing your support to the victims, as well as showing that Boston is resilient despite a terrorist attack. It doesn't represent policy, it doesn't represent security and drones. Not sure who told you that.

I have no problem with buy a shirt so the proceeds go to the victims, that is an awesome idea, However this idea that we are Boston strong and no terrorist can beat is.......IS B.S, They did beat us, WE LOST. We changed the way this country operates because of them. We saw it on a national level after 9/11 and now at a local level after Boston, look at the pictures. It was Martial Law and a defacto police state in Watertown.

A true Boston Strong statement would have been, day after the attack, NO POLICE ON CORNERS, people going about their business. No presenting ID to enter your building. etc

Last edited:

do they have a breakdown of what % of every dollar goes to what victims' organization, and then what % from THERE gets to those who need it?

i seem to remember a few days ago that this information was not readily available.

I donated too. But take a look at this;

Locals have painted the words "Boston strong" on their sneakers, faces and houses — just to remind the world how tough Bostonians really are.
Boston strong: photos of support after marathon bombing

The "Boston Strong" slogan reminds me of the brave barking of the little lap dog at the dog park after its owner picks it up when a bigger dog comes sniffing.

I'd be willing to bet who the proceeds go to depends on where / how you buy it.

Buy a tee-shirt off a cart and for the most part, it represents a tidy markup for the cart owner. Hopefully some finds it's way to help those that were directly affected / injured.

I have no problem with buy a shirt so the proceeds go to the victims, that is an awesome idea, However this idea that we are Boston strong and no terrorist can beat is.......IS B.S, They did beat us, WE LOST. We changed the way this country operates because of them. We saw it on a national level after 9/11 and now at a local level after Boston, look at the pictures. It was Martial Law and a defacto police state in Watertown.

A true Boston Strong statement would have been, day after the attack, NO POLICE ON CORNERS, people going about their business. No presenting ID to enter your building. etc

Agreed, the fact that we have allowed ourselves to be subjected to more searches or more restrictive laws has shown that the terrorists and crazy people have won or are winning.

The Boston strong thing is kinda getting annoying, but I couldn't imagine losing a family member or losing limbs cause of these losers. I donated a little but not by buying a T-shirt. Its a sucky situation all around. Being blown up is a horrible way to die or suffer injuries, I think that's why its a big deal, its a kick in the balls.

do they have a breakdown of what % of every dollar goes to what victims' organization, and then what % from THERE gets to those who need it?.

Well, lets see.... over $27million so far, distribute to "victims", oh and hate to tell you we'll need to collect tax on that distribution, so after taxes we have about $2million to distribute. Yep, Deval was able to balance his budget.

So very true. Hide in your homes, unarmed the way the Mass Liberals want you to be, and pray to God that the wounded desperate animal terrorist doesn't pick your boat - or your basement - to hide in.
And if they do break into your home where you and your family live, just call 911 - you know, the guys that LOST him in the first place after the first firefight. Then sit back patiently and wait for the "cavalry" to arrive and, you know, "save you" and your wife and, in my case, my 2 daughters from the enemy dirtbag.
Side note, as I've stated before: had the scumbag been hiding in MY town, and chosen my home, he'd have encountered me, with my two Glock 22s fully loaded with 15 hollow points plus another in the chamber, with 20 spare mags full, as well as my wife with her Glock 22 and 26, as well as my daughter with her G17, G26 and G22... How do you say "Holy F*ck, me choose wrong home to bust into" in Chechen language? :D

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Side note, as I've stated before: had the scumbag been hiding in MY town, and chosen my home, he'd have encountered me, with my two Glock 22s fully loaded with 15 hollow points plus another in the chamber, with 20 spare mags full, as well as my wife with her Glock 22 and 26, as well as my daughter with her G17, G26 and G22... How do you say "Holy F*ck, me choose wrong home to bust into" in Chechen language? :D

As an aside, where do you put 20+ pistol mags on your person? I had an image in my mind of something like this:

loadout.jpg

[laugh2]

So very true. Hide in your homes, unarmed the way the Mass Liberals want you to be, and pray to God that the wounded desperate animal terrorist doesn't pick your boat - or your basement - to hide in.
And if they do break into your home where you and your family live, just call 911 - you know, the guys that LOST him in the first place after the first firefight. Then sit back patiently and wait for the "cavalry" to arrive and, you know, "save you" and your wife and, in my case, my 2 daughters from the enemy dirtbag.

you re so mean!!!!!!!!! The appropriate reaction would be to urinate on your leg and beg for safety..........I guess you didnt get the memo [laugh]

Agreed. I am quite sick of the whole thing. I have feelings, and I feel terribly for those who died or were serioulsy injured.

What pisses me off, is how injured # went from like 150ish...then a fund is set up, boom 250 plus hurt...serious?
PPl signed up two days after to patent Boston Strong-scum bags
PPl sound retarded talking about it all day in my office.

Yes it was a mess, but I never felt too worried about being outgunned, by a terrorist at least

Yep. Almost time to focus the bitching to sports. Boston aka crybaby central. Watch if I posted that on Facebook, I'd probably have only my cat left [rofl]

**** this. Great rant. Great posts. Kinda disgusted by this truth though.

good rant. 8/10 points.

I gave it an 8 just because I had to look up "panacea".

Let me add that I understand the rant. It's probably a rant that we've all thought about, just never really posted about. It's the reality that we are the strong and when we see weakness we tend to point it out or be bothered by it. It's like that puffy brute at the club who shows off his biceps and that he knows martial arts and that his hands are deadly weapons because he thinks it works on girls. I think the line we're looking for is size without substance.

Unfortunately, when you start being a responsible adult it happens more and more and you realize that people who think they're responsible adults aren't really as responsible as they make out to be. You ask if they have a fire extinguisher in their car or are they planning on calling AAA when it happens.

If you told the common person that being Boston strong would've been delivering the terrorists head to the investigators because he was in your backyard they would be horrified at you. I'm sure some of us would be too, but many would say if you had the tools to defend yourself then calling the meat wagon or the cruiser for a pick-up are both viable options.

Unfortunately, this is something we're going to have to learn to live with. All we can do is hope to prove to people not to give up their rights at the first sign of disaster and not to run under their tables and hide, but scientists keep teaching people that genetically they started out as rats hiding under rocks so they buy it and believe that flight is more associated to their DNA than fight.

Rant warning. Sorry if these topics are too sensitive for you. I couldn't hold it in anymore.

Why do people think that the relatives of a victim suddenly have a better sense of how to prevent a problem? I feel sorry for your loss but get the hell off your soap box. You have no idea what you're talking about and the politicians are using you.

Why do people think that new laws will help? Seriously. Enforce the laws that are out there and eliminate some of the stupid ones. The sheriff of Middlesex county recently sent out a call for more gun laws. Screw you. How about you keep dangerous people behind bars. And how about you enforce the thousands of laws that are out there!!!!

Why do people think laws will control people? Do they really think that panacea is just an attitude adjustment away? I read a facebook post suggesting that men need to change their attitude about domestic abuse. Men can make it stop. Wrong asshat. A well armed woman can make it stop!

Which brings me to another point. Watertown Strong!! Are you kidding me? Strong. As in strong supporters of hiding in your houses? What on earth happened that day to make a Watertown person proud?? Oh that's right. NOTHING!

yup! +1,000,000,000.... AMEN! it's too bad we're outnumbered by the sheep. i had enough of the "boston strong" on Day 1. "Boston Strong... or BS for short"

[laugh]

BostonSTRONG -- we have ends-justify-the-means douchebags who cheat too.

One armSTRONG cheated it was only about a bicycle race. Our STRONGarms cheated us out of our constitutional rights.

Speaking of being outnumbered by the sheep, I heard on NPR this morning that in a recent poll of Boston area residents, 90% of those polled thought the Police/LEO/Government response to the bombing and the terrorist attack was appropriate.

There you go, 90% of the populace are sheep willing to cede personal freedom and constitutional rights to the government in the name of safety. The other 10%? I'd say we're the real sheepdogs...

Back
Top Bottom