Rant: Idiotic driver on the Mass Pike.

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Yesterday I was driving West on the Mass Pike and when coming out of the Pru tunnel traffic all of a sudden came to a halt. I was like, oh great what's going on now. So all of a sudden I see this a**h*** in a beat up minivan trying to make a u-turn in a break in the median where the staties usually do, it is clearly posted no u-turn and there is heavy traffic on the other side coming at him. His van is half in the high speed lane on my side of the highway and the front of his minivan is in the space in the median. So he finally makes the u-turn and makes it so wide, hes in the slow speed lane on the other side of the highway and cars on that side and slamming on their brakes. What a fuc*ing moron!!! This a**h*** was holding up all the traffic and could have killed someone by cutting out in traffic. I should have took a picture as I passed with my phone. Where is a statie when you need him? Not even a mile up the road, there he was sitting in the BDL slowing more traffic down. That is all. [angry]

Ultimate

NES Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
People's Republic of Mass, in the U.S.S.A.
Someone did the exact same thing in front of me on the pike out near springfield. I was a passenger in a 14' box truck... we were in the left lane, dude in front puts on his turning indicator. We were thinking "WTF?" 2 seconds later we were slamming hard on the brakes (to the floor) about 2' off his ass, nearly missing a collision.

On one hand I wish we had smashed into him because he full and well deserved it. On the other I'm glad we stopped short for obvious reasons.

M1911

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
I often see "creative" driving on my normal commute. I have at times wished that I had a ARB bull bar on the front of my truck. Sigh.

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Someone did the exact same thing in front of me on the pike out near springfield. I was a passenger in a 14' box truck... we were in the left lane, dude in front puts on his turning indicator. We were thinking "WTF?" 2 seconds later we were slamming hard on the brakes (to the floor) about 2' off his ass, nearly missing a collision.

On one hand I wish we had smashed into him because he full and well deserved it. On the other I'm glad we stopped short for obvious reasons.
Why were you in the left lane while driving a 14' box truck?

ochmude

Marine Veteran
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I miss pen flares. They work wonders on MSR Mobile, and should be introduced to the Mass Pike.

doobie

Banned
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
If he caused an accident in which someone was killed the staties would look for him, other than that they don't care.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another type of driver that pisses me off is the touristy driver, I live in a town that is very heavy for tourism and I have lived here my whole life, but I am about sick of people driving 5mph in a 30mph zone to look at the marshes and the old houses. That is the only reason why I can tolerate winter around here, all the tourists stay home! It is getting towards the tourist season and they are starting to come out and tie up the roads now, it is not so bad in the morning, but on the way home from work, it is nuts and I just want to get home and rest, then they get pissed at me for being on their ass.

Zappa

Road Warrior
NES Member
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
So all of a sudden I see this a**h*** in a beat up minivan trying to make a u-turn in a break in the median where the staties usually do, it is clearly posted no u-turn and there is heavy traffic on the other side coming at him. His van is half in the high speed lane on my side of the highway and the front of his minivan is in the space in the median.
I can't locate my pics right now, but I have some from the scene of a 9 car accident that happened in that exact spot. Some lost nitwit in a rented Pontic came West out of the Pru Tunnel and pulled a U-Turn, (at about 1:00 in the afternoon) got rear-ended by a Limo, then hit in the front by a minivan coming the other way. All this led to a chain reaction that took out 9 cars in all and blocked all East and Westbound lanes of the Pike. Most people called it a disaster, we called it "a good day" for the bodyshop. [smile]

Blitz1

NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I can't locate my pics right now, but I have some from the scene of a 9 car accident that happened in that exact spot. Some lost nitwit in a rented Pontic came West out of the Pru Tunnel and pulled a U-Turn, (at about 1:00 in the afternoon) got rear-ended by a Limo, then hit in the front by a minivan coming the other way. All this led to a chain reaction that took out 9 cars in all and blocked all East and Westbound lanes of the Pike. Most people called it a disaster, we called it "a good day" for the bodyshop. [smile]
[laugh2][laugh]

That's twisted. I knew there was a reason I liked you.

Prepper

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Wow, that's one I haven't seen before.

Today, I got the usual moron in front of me going well below the speed limit and greatly varying his speed (faster... slower... faster... slower...) for no apparent reason, swerving over the yellow line and back over again onto the shoulder, and several times coming to a complete stop in the middle of the road for no apparent reason. No, he was not looking for an address (and if he were, that's not justification for driving like an idiot!) I honked repeatedly at him, but as usual he was oblivious. I hate drivers like that... it is the most frequent type of idiot that I encounter.

Zappa

Road Warrior
NES Member
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Today, I got the usual moron in front of me going well below the speed limit and greatly varying his speed (faster... slower... faster... slower...) for no apparent reason,
Some people are just "moron magnets".
Any moron in the area will automatically be attracted to them. [wink]

M1911

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Wow, that's one I haven't seen before.

Today, I got the usual moron in front of me going well below the speed limit and greatly varying his speed (faster... slower... faster... slower...) for no apparent reason, swerving over the yellow line and back over again onto the shoulder, and several times coming to a complete stop in the middle of the road for no apparent reason. No, he was not looking for an address (and if he were, that's not justification for driving like an idiot!) I honked repeatedly at him, but as usual he was oblivious. I hate drivers like that... it is the most frequent type of idiot that I encounter.
Back when gas was $4, there was an idiot in a Corvette doing pulse and glide on the Mass Pike. He'd speed up to 65, then slow to 45, speed up when I tried to pass him, etc.

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
2nd dumbass I have seen this week.

I was driving through the Sumner tunnel and as I was coming out and going to enter back into the big dig tunnel some a**h*** comes flying around the corner going in reverse, headed toward me!!! I almost nailed him, had to slam the brakes on, man I gave him an earful. [angry] Guess he took the wrong exit he wanted to go to Gov Center, not Storrow Drive. Fuc*ing a**h*** from New York.

Garys

NES Member
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
If he caused an accident in which someone was killed the staties would look for him, other than that they don't care.
Wrong as usual, King Friday. This is pretty much a no break infraction if they observe it. Much like illegally driving in the breakdown lane.

I've had to make (legally) U turns on that stretch of road. Even in a marked emergency vehicle it's pretty hairy. Generally, I just go out to Allston and hit the sling shot ramp because it's much safer.

An idiot like this guy is risking not only his life, but that of those around him.

Top Bottom