• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

RANT Constitutional Carry

I am beating the proverbial dead horse, but it hasn't been beaten enough, so here goes...

I am tired of asking politicians and/or police establishments permission to exercise a right SPECIFICALLY PROTECTED in our foundation of government, in fact so important that it was listed as the 2nd most cherished right of a free nation.

Some FACTS:
-Concealed carry permits are a tax on your freedom, I BEG ANYONE to tell me how a "freedom to speak" permit is any different
-If you are allowed to BUY a gun, you should be allowed to carry it! DUH! So, a criminal intent on committing a crime can buy it but not carry it? Backwards.
-The 2nd Amendment is not "up to the states" as many politicians have said. The Constitution EXPLICITLY says that all OTHER NON LISTED provisions in the Constitution are the up to the states and the people respectively.

Every time someone is arrested for "possession" of a firearm in which no actual law was broken, is a violation of that individuals rights and should be condemned by the people.

I am from Massachusetts, so I had to ask permission for my RIGHTS, but even in so called "free states" like New Hampshire, you still have to "ask permission" with a check otherwise you have to dance around lock your gun away in the trunk while driving, make sure your jacket doesn't conceal, etc, etc.

Rant over. In my experience there are two states that legally and culturally abide by the 2nd Amendment (Vermont isn't one of them, the gun culture is not prevalent enough so you will still "alarm" citizens with open carry):

Alaska and Wyoming (some smaller towns/rural areas in Arizona)

Back
Top Bottom