Ranges offering Qulaification for pistol Permit

Hi All - Does anyone know of a range or two in RI that offers the Firearms course? I am not a member of any clubs. I also live in South County.

Thanks, Tom

Not RI, but American Firearms School in North Attleboro ME (er, MA, not ME) offers the service you seek.

Last edited:
Are you looking to shoot the qualification for your RI LTC?
If so, I can do it for you in East Providence if that works for you. Let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most applications specify that either an NRA instructor or the police can qualify you, but there is nothing in the law that says it has to be an NRA instructor. However, it's not really worth arguing with the licensing authority over that though..
There is a list of instructors here that might be able to help you out: http://www.rifol.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=2524

If I remember correctly in RI you need to qualify with the caliber you intend to carry. In other words, if you qualify with a .38 you can only carry up to a .38. Most instructors I know in RI encourage their students to use a .45 for qualification.

30 rounds in 30 minutes. Three 10 round strings & 10 minutes for each string. Total score of 300, which one needs to score @ least 195. Defined 11-47-15

Yes. 25 yards. And what you qualify with is the largest size round that you can carry. That's why it is heavily suggested to qualify with .45

Midstate will do your qual for you for $60 and I believe it includes the box of ammo....20rds of practice, 30rds for qual. Be sure to qualify with the largest cal you intend to carry, most do .45. 195 points or better out of a possible 300

Back
Top Bottom