Ranges near Exeter New Hampshire

I am moving to Exeter and am looking for a good range that is not too far away. I would like for it to have trap/skeet/5-stand, and would really be happy if it had Sporting Clays but I know that's asking a lot.
What is also really important is that they have a rifle range that is longer than 100 yards and that they allow me to shoot at non-paper targets. Hopefully that would be the case for pistol "pits" too. I like to shoot handgun at bowling pins and knockdown steel. I have hanging steel that I like to shoot rifle out at 150-200 yards. Too many ranges insist on paper targets and that gets boring really fast.
Thanks in advance

Www.majorwaldron.com Barrington is a little hike, but it's a nice club. I'm not familiar with the shotgun sports, but they do have what appears to be a nice shotgun range. No plinking in the pistol pit(paper only), but the rifle side goes out to 300 yards, with hanging steel at 200 and 300. Can't put your own stuf out there, but it's till a lot of fun.

Sent from my phone....which isn't really a phone anymore, it's a computer on my pocket

Www.majorwaldron.com Barrington is a little hike, but it's a nice club. I'm not familiar with the shotgun sports, but they do have what appears to be a nice shotgun range. No plinking in the pistol pit(paper only), but the rifle side goes out to 300 yards, with hanging steel at 200 and 300. Can't put your own stuf out there, but it's till a lot of fun.

Sent from my phone....which isn't really a phone anymore, it's a computer on my pocket

Are you a member there? It is close enough to me that I might be interested in trying to join.

Are you a member there? It is close enough to me that I might be interested in trying to join.

I've been a member for about a month. Before that, I shot a good amount at the indoor range, which I have to wait another year to have unlimited access to. It's a nice easy ride(20-25 minutes) from your neck of the woods. I don't know what you're doing Friday, but if it's not frigid, I was going to go give my two lever guns a much needed work out, I could bring you in as a guest for a bit.

Exeter Sportsman is in a pretty location. Nice building and a view of a body of water. I took a class last Summer there, and spent two days shooting. Small place, if I lived in the area, I would check it out.

Have you looked at Chester Rod and Gun Club? The indoor range and some of the shotgun events are open to the public at certain times. I plan on stopping by and taking a look this spring.

I am a member at Chester Rod & Gun, and love it. I am not a trap shooter but it is all there! I would be willing to take you as a guest if you want to.

Thank you for the offer. I am very interested. My next few weekends will be spent unpacking boxes unfortunately. Right now it is looking like early May if that works for you.

Exeter is a PIA. I went there a couple times with a guy from work. There is one range with a benches at 25, 50, and 100 yards. Meaning that you have to shoot through the 50 and 25 yard stations from the 100 yard benches. If it's a busy day plan on waiting 2 hours for your station to open up.

Exeter is a PIA. I went there a couple times with a guy from work. There is one range with a benches at 25, 50, and 100 yards. Meaning that you have to shoot through the 50 and 25 yard stations from the 100 yard benches. If it's a busy day plan on waiting 2 hours for your station to open up.

Thanks, you saved me having to visit there. What a stupid setup. All it takes is one jerk that wants to keep shooting at 25 yards, and guess who is out of luck. I speak from experience at Jersey ranges. Too bad, especially since I live less than a mile from the Exeter range.

Back
Top Bottom