• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ranges in Southern New Hampshire

I am a member at Major Waldron and I love the fact that it has a 300 yard rifle range. I don't love the fact that for pistol you are always shooting at paper targets and that trap and skeet are always organized weekend things. I couldn't just go on a Tuesday and shoot trap with a friend. I have an opportunity to join Chester Rod and Gun. It has steel plates for pistol and really nice clay shooting facilities (5 stand, sporting clays), but the rifle range only goes to 150 yards. Is there anywhere near me (in Exeter) that has all of the following:

300 (or more) yard rifle range
5-stand and sporting clays (5 stand at a minimum), especially with some flexibility on usage
steel plates for action pistol

Thanks.

Thinking about Chester R&G too. Very convenient for me.

Did you spot anything or were you told anything to the effect of no drawing/firing from holster?

Thinking about Chester R&G too. Very convenient for me.

Did you spot anything or were you told anything to the effect of no drawing/firing from holster?
Pretty sure there's no drawing from holster on the regular pistol range. They have an "action" shooting pit where it's ok, llrc.

I applied to Chester R&G in September, and got an email that I will be up for membership in September, of 2015 - lol!

I've found it impossible to find a place that has everything, so I put in for Piscataqua F&G because it was cheap and seems like it'll be quiet a lot.

Pretty sure there's no drawing from holster on the regular pistol range. They have an "action" shooting pit where it's ok, llrc.
Yep. You have to qualify on the AS pit separately, and it can only be used in pairs. Great fun.

Who has a 300yd range in the area? I can think of nothing between Chester's 150 and Pelham's 600.

Yep. You have to qualify on the AS pit separately, and it can only be used in pairs. Great fun.

Who has a 300yd range in the area? I can think of nothing between Chester's 150 and Pelham's 600.

I was just checking out Pelham because I want to shoot further than 300 yards. It is $180 for a regular membership then an extra work fee that is refundable upon completion of 8 work hours. That seems a bit steep, unless the facilities are all top notch. Anybody have anything good or bad to say about Pelham?
Also, any other clubs that have rifle ranges longer than 300 yards?
Thanks.

I was just checking out Pelham because I want to shoot further than 300 yards. It is $180 for a regular membership then an extra work fee that is refundable upon completion of 8 work hours. That seems a bit steep, unless the facilities are all top notch. Anybody have anything good or bad to say about Pelham?
Thanks.

In the area? Not that I know of. Other than Pelham, if you want to shoot past 300 in NH, there is Nashua and Sig Academy.

I couldn't just go on a Tuesday and shoot trap with a friend.

Chris they have trap and skeet Tuesday and Weds. starting about 5pm. not sure so you'd have to ask Dave Landry. You always have the ability to get a portable machine and as a member go anytime you wish.

They are doing a Thanksgiving skeet shoot on the 23rd.

BTW, anyone thinking about joining, dues will be going up on March 1st., 2015.

Last edited:
Thanks Rich. I went shooting rifle this weekend and the place was as crowded as I have ever seen. Seems like everyone was sighting in their rifles for hunting.

In the area? Not that I know of. Other than Pelham, if you want to shoot past 300 in NH, there is Nashua and Sig Academy.

When I lived in the area, I was a member of Sunset Mountain Fish and Game Club in Canterbury, right off I-93 at exit 18. They had a 500 yard range. Great club! I do miss that long range.

When I moved down to the southern tier, I joined Nashua Fish and Game because they have a 600 yard range and an Action Pistol range. It seems like the only time to ever qualify for the 600 is late Thursday mornings. If you actually have a job that expects you to show up, that just sucks.

I did my work hours on the AP range, having been told by the range director that we would work 6 hours, then qualify. After 6 hours of busting ass, he said "Next time, guys." I was a member for 2 1/2 years and never got a shot downrange.

Now I'm a member of Country Pond in Newton. The rifle range is only 100 yards, but even though we are serious about safety, we are still pretty laid back. We have lots of activities, including pin shoots and plate shoots, plus a 24/7 indoor range.

When I lived in the area, I was a member of Sunset Mountain Fish and Game Club in Canterbury, right off I-93 at exit 18. They had a 500 yard range. Great club! I do miss that long range.

When I moved down to the southern tier, I joined Nashua Fish and Game because they have a 600 yard range and an Action Pistol range. It seems like the only time to ever qualify for the 600 is late Thursday mornings. If you actually have a job that expects you to show up, that just sucks.

I did my work hours on the AP range, having been told by the range director that we would work 6 hours, then qualify. After 6 hours of busting ass, he said "Next time, guys." I was a member for 2 1/2 years and never got a shot downrange.

Now I'm a member of Country Pond in Newton. The rifle range is only 100 yards, but even though we are serious about safety, we are still pretty laid back. We have lots of activities, including pin shoots and plate shoots, plus a 24/7 indoor range.

The 600 yard line has qualifications after most of the Sunday league matches. I have not had any involvement with the action ranges.

Thanks.

I belong to Pelham. It is a little pricey, but the place rocks!!!
I can come and go when I please, buildings and areas are well maintained. The action pits are fun. I do mostly rifle at the utility range, it's 150yds max. You do have to qualify for the 200 and 600yd range.

I've found it impossible to find a place that has everything, so I put in for Piscataqua F&G because it was cheap and seems like it'll be quiet a lot.

Anyone have experience with Piscataqua F&G?

My wife and I have breakfast near them every Sat morning and it would be nice to follow up with a bit of weekly bonding before doing errands.

We currently shoot handguns (have 5 Sigs - 2 938s, 2 320s, and one 226 Legion) but will most likely get a 5.56 rifle next.

Back
Top Bottom