• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ranger Point Precision Presents: 6 Hollywood Gun Mistakes

Reptile

NES Member
Ranger Point Precision has a passion for all things manly. Whether it’s motorcycles, firearms, or movies with guns in them, Ranger Point Precision has always got its finger on the pulse of the “gun guy” world. Ranger Point Precision also recently released their “6 Hollywood Gun Mistakes” and we’re going to share it for you here.

Plus more movie content...

When I was very young, my Saturday hero was The Lone Ranger, in black and White on our then brand new thing, a television set. Until he fired 9 rounds in a row from a Model P without reloading.

Fast forward a few years (well, OK, more than a few) to the FX series "Justified.". Based (loosely) on an Elmore Leonard character, Deputy U. S. Marshal Raylan Givens, the show had lots of guns, and the folks went to greater than usual lengths to get things right. Except for the opening episode:

Givens is seated opposite a bad guy, at outdoor seating in a Miami restaurant. Bad guy draws, but Raylan draws faster and shoots bad guy two times in the A Zone. But immediately behind the bad guy is a glass windscreen, which somehow doesn't shatter from the bullets that necessarily passed through bad guy. Oh, well.

Givens is seated opposite a bad guy, at outdoor seating in a Miami restaurant. Bad guy draws, but Raylan draws faster and shoots bad guy two times in the A Zone. But immediately behind the bad guy is a glass windscreen, which somehow doesn't shatter from the bullets that necessarily passed through bad guy. Oh, well.
I haven't seen the episode, why did they "necessarily" pass through? There are plenty of circumstances where a bullet fired into a body will stay in that body or are stopped by the clothing on the back. It's the purpose of expanding projectiles.

When I was very young, my Saturday hero was The Lone Ranger, in black and White on our then brand new thing, a television set. Until he fired 9 rounds in a row from a Model P without reloading.

Fast forward a few years (well, OK, more than a few) to the FX series "Justified.". Based (loosely) on an Elmore Leonard character, Deputy U. S. Marshal Raylan Givens, the show had lots of guns, and the folks went to greater than usual lengths to get things right. Except for the opening episode:

Best show next to the Sopranos.

They forgot to mention my two biggest gun peeves. Every time someone racks a pistol, you can always tell from the sound that the gun has no ammo.YOur average movie going probably wont notice, but buy some snap caps for the rest of us.

and the #1 stupid gun mistake that is in EVERY movie? Guy gets shot in the head. Blood splatters on the wall or window behind him indicating an exit wound. Buuuuuut......why no bullet hole in the glass or wall from the round that just exited his skull?

Glock-cocking. Best in that Walberg Chinatowny movie from 1999 or so. "Keep your Glock cocked" and then you hear cocking sounds. LOL

How about when teh good guy uses a machine gun to cut a hole in the floor???? I mean, I can see them doing it in SW-PM because - well, Obi Wan Kenobi. But with a normal 9mm MP5???? I don't think so. LOL

Shoot Em Up - that one guy ran out of ammo. [rofl]

Matrix - all of hte shell casings in the last battle scenes are wrong. Scorpion drops rifle cases, heli-mounted machine gun drops. . . I think .223. Not a lot of detail in the brass department in that movie.

Forget the movie but I liked the Machine pistol falling down the stairs twirling and taking out dozens of bad guys and never running out of ammo ( must have been one of those two hundred round Clips) .

The entire John Wick movie (all of them). The worse is probably the silencer scene at the subway station. So bad as far as gun stuff.

One of the strangest "errors" (which I never noticed when I was younger) was the opening scene to "Have Gun Will Travel".

In this scene Paladin draws his gun and describes it, stating that the trigger responds to one ounce of pressure. All the while keeping his finger on the trigger.

One of the strangest "errors" (which I never noticed when I was younger) was the opening scene to "Have Gun Will Travel".

In this scene Paladin draws his gun and describes it, stating that the trigger responds to one ounce of pressure. All the while keeping his finger on the trigger.

I have a 2oz trigger for my 10/22.

I almost shot my foot one day during winter when my thick winter glove touched it. (Gun was pointing away from my foot, bullet hit maybe 12" or so away from my foot).

Dangerous. But great target shooting gun.

Back
Top Bottom