• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Range training with my boy.

roccoracer

NES Member
My son and I just got back from the range. He did a great job and lasted 1 1/2 hours.
22b46afc4cee28271f47fcf508ffe192.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I can't wait for the days when my boy is ready. That's awesome!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

He is shooting a Walther P22. I just bought it a couple of weeks ago and I love it. It is my favorite of the .22 pistols I have. He was very surprised at how much louder the pistol was over "his" rifle.

Just picked up a CZ 455 scout for my son. Now I need to get him to the range

My son is only 7 so you may not need ro wait long.

Seven years old is PLENTY old enough to be shooting a rifle. Get a single shot bolt action .22 for him. As long as he is able to understand and listen to instructions, he is old enough. I actually shot my first rifle when i was 5. by 10 i had my own rifle hanging in my bedroom

Seven years old is PLENTY old enough to be shooting a rifle. Get a single shot bolt action .22 for him. As long as he is able to understand and listen to instructions, he is old enough. I actually shot my first rifle when i was 5. by 10 i had my own rifle hanging in my bedroom
My son is 7. He has a bolt action tube magazine fed rifle already. Today was his first time with a pistol. He impressed me with his attention to detail, muzzle and trigger discipline.

[grin]

I'm bad enough solo as a gun owner. I'd be screwed if I was buying stuff for kids too. [laugh]

I set my son up with the three basic tools for hunting.....20 gauge shotgun, 22 revolver, 22 rifle. Thats his "starter kit". Anything after that he's buying on his own when he's 18.

Nice! I have a P22 somewhere in the safe. I've found it's great for training how to clear various sorts of malfunctions.

My daughter started at 3 being my spotter shooting the pellet guns.
By 5 she was shooting them
It's a progression. My daughter had to remember the safety rules to move onto the 22 rifle

That is some seriously long hair for a boy !

My Dad would never let me grow my hair long,it was high and tight like boot camp since I was born lol

I'm surprised it can grow that long by 7!
My friends son grows his hair long since he was 6 for children with cancer.

That is some seriously long hair for a boy !

My Dad would never let me grow my hair long,it was high and tight like boot camp since I was born lol
When i was a kid, i wanted to grow my hair long and my parents refused. Now one of my cousins has his long, and I'm really glad they didn't. My imagination told me i would look bad ass... my cousin demonstrates i would not have.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

I got my son out last week to shoot the 22 I bought for the kids and he did awesome. then his uncle and I made him try the .308 and 30-06, he handled them like a champ

When i was a kid, i wanted to grow my hair long and my parents refused. Now one of my cousins has his long, and I'm really glad they didn't. My imagination told me i would look bad ass... my cousin demonstrates i would not have.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
I wanted a rat tail.

My parents let me have a rat tail.

It looked terrible on me.

They thought it was funny.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I had very long hair until about 3 weeks ago. I had it long For 13 years. As far as my son, he can look however he chooses as long as he respects himself and others who earn it. He is off to an excellent start.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom