Range test for RI permit

iefstath

NES Member
Does anyone here do or know anyone that does the range test. I screwed up and allowed my Mass Non-Res to lapse so Im not real sure where I stand on taking the test in Ma.

I can do it for you at Hopkinton, and we have the targets in stock. Pay me cost for the ammo and I can provide a gun for the test.

ATTENTION!!!!:

ANYONE WHO NEEDS TO BE QUALIFIED FOR RHODE ISLAND PERMIT

I'd like to set up an evening next week to qualify people. So if you are in need post it on this thread, I'd like to make a date that everyone could agree on. I know that isn't easy, but I'd like to try.
The qualification will take place in Smithfield, RI

This service is free to GREEN MEMBERS, not including ammo.
If you are not a green member, the fee is $20 plus ammo. So if you are not a GREEN MEMBER, I'd rather see you give NES, the $20 instead of me, so go green!!

Last edited:
The Army L targets can be hard to find. I will Karma one each via US-Snail to the first 5 people who post a request here and PM me (posting here so people know when the 5 is used up). Any NRA instructor can give the test, but you need a 25 yard range and the RI target. Actually, I'll probably send the "repair center" (which is about 20"x20"). If you can't keep them all on that at 25 yards slow fire, you should probably reconsider carrying a gun in public.

I ask that you not use up one of the 5 karmas unless you are serious planning on taking a RI qualification.

i just acquired a bunch of Army L targets as i will be needing to re-qualify too.

the center ring is marked by 9's.

there are three hundred possible points on this target.

i'm a little confused - can you shed some light on how to score this target?

it's been a while (4 years to be exact lol) since i've done this.

ATTENTION!!!!:

I'd like to set up an evening next week to qualify people. So if you are in need post it on this thread, I'd like to make a date that everyone could agree on. I know that isn't easy, but I'd like to try.

If you are not a green member, the fee is $20 plus ammo. So if you are not a GREEN MEMBER, I'd rather see you give NES, the $20 instead of me, so go green!!

My girlfriend and I would like to do this soon. I've sent you a PM.... Let me know what you think. Thanks.

Just me and my girlfriend. We can give it a couple weeks if you want. Try to get more people.... Let me know what works for you. I appreciate it a lot!

I can do it for you at Hopkinton, and we have the targets in stock. Pay me cost for the ammo and I can provide a gun for the test.

Hello Rob:

I'd like to get my RI range certification for a CCW. Prefer to do it with a .45 (I have my own). Is it something you can help with ?

Thanks

Hello Rob:

I'd like to get my RI range certification for a CCW. Prefer to do it with a .45 (I have my own). Is it something you can help with ?

Thanks

Absolutely, but I'm offering the service in Hopkinton, MA - not Hopkinton, RI.

Hey Rob - Thanks for the offer but as you suspected I thought you were in Hopkington RI. Still appreciated though.

Regards

I didn't even know there was a Hopkinton, RI until the first time someone contacted me thinking I could meet him there to do a range test.

ATTENTION!!!!:

Are you still offering this service? I would like my ri ccw but just need to be qualified. I have my own ammo and gun. Most of my paperwork is complete just need finger prints

Hopkington

AHHHHHHHHHHH! There is no such thing as HopKINGton. It is HopKINton.

If you are looking for someone to do the test in the Hopkinton/Richmond/Exeter area, send me a PM. I know a great guy who can do it for reasonable cost, one-on-one. He helped me get my permit and and is a older gentleman, no-BS straight shooter that I wish I had more time to hang out with.

Back
Top Bottom