• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Range results from reloading room activity

So a nice day here in North East Pennsylvania (54 and sunny with very little wind) so instead of reloading I grabbed a chance to run over to one of the ranges on the state game lands to test a batch of 6.5 CM ammo I had assembled. I just made a small batch ( 80 rounds) and wanted to test them before cranking out 500 more

Two five shot groups at 100 yards measured .68” and .85” ( last shot spoiled that group). Bipod on front and gamechanger bag on back end. But the chrono numbers are what I found most pleasing.

I learned a lot on NES that helped me improve my reloading the decade I was in MA this last time. Not to mention I am assembling my Precision rounds on a Dillon 550 I bought from NES member MrPan, the powder charges are being manually dropped after being dispensed on a RCBS chargemaster I bought from NES member Radioman, and the remage criterion barrel on my 6.5cm I bought from NES member reveille. A lot of people on NES have contributed to my success, so thanks to all of you.

I also tested some .308 practice loads I had put together last month. SD was a little higher at 10, but groups a little better at .82 and .59

Attachments

• 41ED74CA-196D-4234-9821-7A3FF3FDB22E.jpeg
    41ED74CA-196D-4234-9821-7A3FF3FDB22E.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom