Range Report

JonJ

NES Member
I've been in a Firearms Instructors Course this week and had lots of range time. A bit of classroom was thrown in too.
1st couple of days was pistol only but we added rifle (AR) and shotgun.
A couple of the guys there had their issued M16 and M4. I had never fired a FA before but we all got our turn yesterday and today. Yesterday I shot the FA Colt M16. I don't know if it was an /A1 or /A3 but no burst! 30 round mag was gone in no time! Today was my chance at the Bushmaster tricked out M4. Again FA and no burst. The M4 was much easier to control. But I found that no matter what, FA is basically a waste and ineffective unless you really know what you're doing!
All I can say (within reason) is what a BLAST!
If you've never fired FA, you owe it to yourself to find a machine gun shoot and give it a go. Quite the experience.

That would be an M16A1 and an M4A1. The original M4's were Burst. That didn't work so well when replacing the M3 Grease Gun. So, they went to FA (M4A1). The M16A2's are all Burst. The A3 and A4 are just altered A2's, last I knew.

http://www.gmbsc.com/

Worth a look. They'll let you shoot your Semi Auto's and Bolt Guns as well.

Sometimes, you can even use Tracers.

Chris said:
A toy I'd like to get my hands on (only because the care and feeding would be a heck of a lot cheaper than an NFA version) would be the following:

'toy' in action

Manufacturer

"But officer, it's just a BB gun...." (^_^)
Interesting vid. Looks boring after about 20 secs. I wonder what they put in the TV set to make it burn?

Yea, I've seen this before. It's pretty neat, but not somethign that you can just fire off in the back yard or basement of most peoples homes.

I've also seen some of these that work with .22s. That would be cool.

Also, someone makes a kit where you use two or three 10/22 barrels. Thing is, because it only goes one barrel at a time, BATF said that it was simi-auto and not Class 3. It works by spinning a wheel, so it was one shot one barrel.

It was pretty cool. They had a kid that also would use AK barrels as well.

Back
Top Bottom