Range Report -- Shooting Dwarven1's COP Derringer

Nickle said:
I'll bring my VZ-24 for Darius to shoot. That thing has fairly strong recoil, and that Czech stock doesn't help, either. Worse than a 300 Weatherby Mag.

One of us is headed in the wrong direction here, and it ain't necessarily me.

Sensible recoil, not recoil to impress.

Re: S&W 500 Magnum...

I had the opportunity to shoot one this past weekend. The snubby, like the one in Chris' pic.

IMHSO, it had less felt recoil than my Ruger Super BlackHawk .44 Magnum.

And it was MUCH more manageable than my S&W Model 360PD with 158 gr .357 Magnum loads.

A gun that most people will only fire two shots out of before handing it back to me with a look of fear and pain... ;)

Cross-X said:
Nickle said:
I'll bring my VZ-24 for Darius to shoot. That thing has fairly strong recoil, and that Czech stock doesn't help, either. Worse than a 300 Weatherby Mag.

Wuss. It's an 8mm Mauser, fer cryin out loud.

Now those Super Blackhawks and Blackhawks (I had a 45 Colt) with stiff loads have a bite. Damned grips roll in your hand.

Nickle said:
Cross-X said:
Nickle said:

Wuss. It's an 8mm Mauser, fer cryin out loud.

Now those Super Blackhawks and Blackhawks (I had a 45 Colt) with stiff loads have a bite. Damned grips roll in your hand.

I have a blackhawk and a Super Redhawk. Blackhawk in .357, so really nothing to complain about there. But the Redhawk is in .44 mag, and I never really thought that it kicked as bad as people say .44 kicks.

The problem with the Super Blackhawl and 45 Colt Blackhawk, is that the grips SUCK when using hot loads. The rotate in your hand, and you'll have a red sore spot after a while. That wouldn't happen with a double action, the grips are better.

Back
Top Bottom