• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Range Report -- Shooting Dwarven1's COP Derringer

Cross-X

Shooting at the big range in heaven
Dealer
NES Member
Ross came to Riverside Gun Club today toting his minty little COP 4-barreled derringer.

That sucker shoots full-house .357 mag ammo.

Ross stepped up to the line at twenty yards, and when the smoke cleared he had put four for four into the IDPA target.

Then it was my turn.

One shot was just about enough, but, since I had been teasing him so much about that gun, I had to pull the trigger three times more.

It packs a helluva wallop -- shootable, but by four rounds, that was plenty.

Wonder of wonders, I also managed to squeak four shots onto that target.

Very nice gun. Dwarven1 made a heck of a trade to get it.

Thanks, Dwarven1!

Thanks for the review, Darius... but I only put 3 rounds into the target. I had one misfire. The lower left barrel seems to occasionally misfire by only dimpling the primer. :(

Here's the target:
Picture020.jpg

Yeah, that's a sweet little gun. I was actually a little surprised myself, actually! We didn't have any paper targets up at Ripton, so seeing what I did tonight was a surprise.

SiameseRat said:
Is now a bad time to mention that I had a derringer strapped into my garter at my wedding?

*drool*

We beseech thee, Almighty Empress of the Universe... did you take PICTURES?

SiameseRat said:
Is now a bad time to mention that I had a derringer strapped into my garter at my wedding?

<sniff> I'm SOOO proud of you, dear girl!!

:D

By the way - the last photo I put in of hubby and me? I was wearing a thigh holster. [lol]

Yea, that just rocks...

I think that I would get looks if I said that I did that...

And Ross, nice shootin' Tex! I held the thing, but I never fired it...and now I don't know if I would.

But I'll tell you what. If we can ever get to the range together, I'll shoot yours if you'll shoot mine. I have a TC Encore with a .308 barrel. That's also one hell of a kick. But I love the thing.

I'm really not a wimp. I did screw the post up by typing "you" when I meant "you'll".

And you fire full power .357's (at least 8 of them) out of that thing, THEN call me wimp.

Just remember, I'm not afraid of recoil. I've shot more than my share of BIG guns. But, I do call them as I see them, and that deringer has heavy recoil with heavy loads.

C-pher said:
Don't get me wrong. I hear ya. And after a while, I don't like my wrist hurting.

But I'm all for shooting something at least once. :D

That's why I tried the Silvertips. I shot it with 148 Wadcutters also, and it was soft shooting.

What's funny, is I'm the guy looking for a Magnum Research Lone Eagle in .458 Win Mag. Now, that's RECOIL. Elephant Pistol.

C-pher said:
Don't get me wrong. I hear ya. And after a while, I don't like my wrist hurting.

But I'm all for shooting something at least once. :D

Actually, it gets you in the web of your hand. Doesn't do anything to the wrist.

And sure, I'll try your .308. Hell, I'll try anything once. Twice if I like it. Three times to make sure!

I ain't sayin' it is the biggest or the baddest, but the stoutest shooting pistol I have tried is a Thompson Contender barreled in .45-70. Touch off a shot and the gun ends up pointing at the sun overhead. Sheesh!

Don't expect me to be one of the first in line for Shoot Chris's .500 Day. No sir!

Chris said:
dwarven1 said:
Hell, I'll try anything once. Twice if I like it. Three times to make sure!

That would leave your Two more rounds of fun with the .500. (^_^)

??? I don't recall ever shooting your .500, Chris... or am I suffering from CRS again?

WTF, it can't be worse than a 2" .44 Mag with full power loads. three rounds was quite enough from that thing.

'course, I'm 25 years older and appropriately more jaded today, so who knows? I might like it. :)

Ross

Cross-X said:
I ain't sayin' it is the biggest or the baddest, but the stoutest shooting pistol I have tried is a Thompson Contender barreled in .45-70. Touch off a shot and the gun ends up pointing at the sun overhead. Sheesh!

Don't expect me to be one of the first in line for Shoot Chris's .500 Day. No sir!

Then you're going to have to shoot my .308 as well. One guy took several steps back when he shot it. Most people lose it out of there steady hand.

I would love to have a .45-70 barrel for my TC.

Back
Top Bottom