• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Range rentals near western Ma

Shazam

Banned
My girlfriend and I are both valid LTC holder's. We are looking for a range to rent multiple handguns at. We are trying to purchase her a carry firearm, so she would like to "try before she buys". We are 10 minutes away from Springfield in western ma. We know of Manchester firing line, Ma firearm school and bobs in Salisbury. I used the search function but only found the 2 ranges listed above.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

There aren't really any in WMass anymore that let you, now that S&W Shooting Sports Center is closed to the public. Between myself and my usual shooting buddies, we have a lot of different calibers, sizes, etc covered, and are always happy to have guests at the range if there's something in particular you'd like to shoot and don't mind coming up to Franklin County

Well out of Attelboro, Ma firearm school and Manchester which one is good price and selection wise.

NES is your friend. Why not start a thread asking if you could shoot x,y,z gun that members may own. Expect to bring your own ammo and mention which models youre looking at. Going green probably wouldnt hurt either. just a suggestion. good luck!

What kind of firearms are you interested in trying? I will be more than willing to meet you, at the agawam revolver club to try any one of my firearms, or anything else i have access to. I have all my handguns (and bigger toys [devil]) or access to another 24 handguns. Let me know what it is your interested in trying and ill let you know if i can accommodate you.

What kind of firearms are you interested in trying? I will be more than willing to meet you, at the agawam revolver club to try any one of my firearms, or anything else i have access to. I have all my handguns (and bigger toys [devil]) or access to another 24 handguns. Let me know what it is your interested in trying and ill let you know if i can accommodate you.

Mass firearms school rental department is worth the trip. You can check out there website for what the have in available plus they don't make you buy their ammo so you can hit Walmart and stock up on calibers your interested in.

On another note, I shoot at Agawam as well and you're more than welcome to shoot anything I have.

Shazam - What are you looking to shoot? I live in the valley and shoot t Agawam too. Happy to let you try whatever I own...

I also shoot at Agawam Revolver Club and would be willing to let you shoot anything I have. With all the previous posts, someone probably has what you're looking for.

OK, of course western Ma wouldn't have anything worth my time haha. But thank you guys very much for all of the offers they are all greatly appreciated, in a world I believe to be filled with shitbags and selfish, disrespectful people with no common courtesy you guys have proven me wrong. I will talk to boss lady because we all know she is in charge anyways. I think we would be interested in a sub-compact maybe compact 9mm. My EDC is a shield in .40, my lady won't shoot it because its to snappy. I also have a S&W 1911 in .45 of course and she loves it but we all know how heavy a 1911 so there isn't much recoil. I told her she could carry a full size 1911 but I'm really trying to steer her away from carrying in her purse. My father has .380 bodyguard that's alright for her but I am also trying to steer her away from .380. If it comes down to it I would rather her carry a bodyguard on her person, than a 1911 in her purse ya know. I mean she needs a EDC that she feels comfortable practicing with, because when it comes down to it, we all know you need to hit your target. So thank you guys again for the offers. I will talk to the boss and get back to you guys. Maybe a couple of us can get together and we can have a range day. I'll of course pay for the ammo for my girl and I and I'll bring the coffee for those who are interested and for those who don't drink coffee I'll bring a 12 pack for them for later.

for compact 9mm i love my lc9. i know it gets flack for the long trigger but for me its an asset as i like having the extra feeling of saftey that even if the trigger were to hang up on something it would take a good amount of force for long duration to drop the hammer. i also think that it is smaller than the shield functionally (i know the specs are the same) but with the recessed cuts in the gun it just melts away iwb and i also pocket carry it with great success. hope your lady finds the right gun

OK, of course western Ma wouldn't have anything worth my time haha. But thank you guys very much for all of the offers they are all greatly appreciated, in a world I believe to be filled with shitbags and selfish, disrespectful people with no common courtesy you guys have proven me wrong. I will talk to boss lady because we all know she is in charge anyways. I think we would be interested in a sub-compact maybe compact 9mm. My EDC is a shield in .40, my lady won't shoot it because its to snappy. I also have a S&W 1911 in .45 of course and she loves it but we all know how heavy a 1911 so there isn't much recoil. I told her she could carry a full size 1911 but I'm really trying to steer her away from carrying in her purse. My father has .380 bodyguard that's alright for her but I am also trying to steer her away from .380. If it comes down to it I would rather her carry a bodyguard on her person, than a 1911 in her purse ya know. I mean she needs a EDC that she feels comfortable practicing with, because when it comes down to it, we all know you need to hit your target. So thank you guys again for the offers. I will talk to the boss and get back to you guys. Maybe a couple of us can get together and we can have a range day. I'll of course pay for the ammo for my girl and I and I'll bring the coffee for those who are interested and for those who don't drink coffee I'll bring a 12 pack for them for later.

I've got a 9mm Shield she can try out if she doesn't like your forty. I can also drag along a BG380 if she wants to compare the two. Let me know

+3 on Agawam for myself but probably don't have anything for a woman except maybe my Solo 9......you could also make a trip down to Hoffmans outside of Hartford......they have a nice range with rentals....

A Khar PM9 might actually be a perfect fit for her. Its small, aims naturally, handles recoil like a pro, and its very light. The only complaint that i have is that charging the firearm is a bit tough for some folks. My wife can do it, but she admits that it was somewhat difficult.

Take a look at Hickok45's video on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
holyoke revolver club hass a day once a month that members bring all different guns and allow you to shoot. this would be a great option for you to think about. i believe its a $75 per person fee

Back
Top Bottom