• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

range recommendation

BattleSnail

Banned
Can anyone help out with a range rec? Here are my criteria:

I live on the north shore and don't want to drive more than maybe a half hour or so

I'd like to have 24/7 pistol range access

I'd like indoor and out door pistol ranges

I'd like action pits or somewhere that allows plinking

I'm working of funding an AR so I'd like a good rifle range.

I'd ideally like to find a place that regularly hosts women on target or other women friendly events. I'm close to talking my wife into applying for her LTC. And want her to find the place comfortable from a womanyish perspective.

many thanks

Too bad you aren't closer to the middle of mass I'd recommend Harvard because it has all that you are looking for. 8 PITS 65 50 25 100 200 300YD and shotgun ranges and women on target comes once a year so far.

I wanted pretty much what you want in a club. So I joined two.
MVGC for indoor 24/7 pistol.
And Shirley for rifle and outdoor pistol.

Yeah I looked at MVGC and I'm just not paying $300 bucks plus another 100+ or whatever it is every year in dues for a place that only has a 50 ft pistol range. Super convenient but I want more bang (pun intended) for my buck.

I think Mass Rifle has everything you want besides the pits. I think you need to either trade that requirement off or plan to do a lot of driving.

georgetown is nice and quiet, fairly easy to get to off 95, no indoor tho, so youd have to get two clubs, good luck
I'll second Georgetown as being a nice affordable quiet club that doesn't have everything you are looking for.

Harvard is just within the hour you asked about, and has everything you want. Also, check out Pelham. I have not been there yet, but have heard it is similar to Harvard. Also having everything you are looking for. Both Harvard and Pelham are about an hour from you in Saugus.

thanks guys...gotta decide whether I want to trade off this pits for distance. Looks like it's down to Harvard or MRA in woburn. hmmmmm

I was a member at MRA in Woburn for years. I like the facility. The action shooting program there got me started in matches in steel, bowling pins and ICORE and I'm still hooked about 12 later. Except on even more games. I cant stop. I really like their indoor range. I am hoping this winter they continue to have good matches.

I decided to try a new club this year. I just joined Andover Sportsmen. Indoor 24hr pistol, outdoor, pistol, rifle and SG. Not quite as much to offer on the indoor range as MRA but I wanted to try out a new club that is closer to home.

Back
Top Bottom