• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Range Day!

Buddy invited me and my, now 12 year old, daughter to the range today.

He brought his guns.

My kid got to shoot a 10/22, which I have already had her do.
She shot an AR15 for the first time. She was a bit timid at first, but we coaxed her into taking one shot. She liked it after she did it. That makes me happy!

We moved over to the pistol range and she shot a .22 revolver and a 9mm.

We come home and she says, "Dad, it was great shooting today...it has been way too long."

<sniffle>

Those damn allergies again.

Now...to get my niece out to the range!

How come you had to be invited,do you own any guns or belong to a range ?

Oh, I own guns and belong to a range. Driving is my big problem...in that I can't. Legally blind...hence the handle I use.

My guns need to go to the shop for a bit of tweaking. I am having troubling mounting my scopes, so they are not much fun to shoot right now. Yeah, I know...any gun is fun to shoot, but it is what it is. [grin]

My buddy was awesome with my little girl. Got her using better form and technique than I've been able to get her to use. Funny how sometimes a friend is a better teach than you.

- - - Updated - - -

she will out shoot you.

Well, duh. She hasn't learned any bad habits. The only thing I taught her were the rules of gun handling and not to jerk the trigger. Everything else is all her. My friend was impressed with her grouping. He even commented on her trigger control and how well she was doing.

Ahh ok,now I know.

You should post up somewhere to tag along and get a ride to the range..I would drive you if I ever went to the range anymore.

What scope mounting problems you having ?

With my eyes the way they are, it is hard for me to know if I have it mounted level. My daughter's Cricket is a PITA to mount a scope to on top of that. My 10/22 is a bit easier, but it is not level somehow. And lastly, I need to do a scope swap from my 10/22 to my AR and then a new scope on the 10/22.

So, yeah...I got all that going on. [grin]
I just figured I'd pay someone to mount and bore sight the scope to get it close. Then I can get the things dialed in at the range. That creates another issue. I have to find a good range scope that won't break the bank.

Back
Top Bottom