• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Range/Club near Newburyport

Hi I am looking to join a club near Newburyport. Can be in MA or NH.
Hopefully both indoor and outdoor ranges. 200 yard or longer rifle would be great.

Thanks!

Don't think there are any 200 yd. ranges near Nbpt, but there is Country Pond in Newton, NH., Danvers F&G, Danvers, Ma., Andover Sportsmen's Club, N. Andover, Ma. All are good clubs near you.

state line has a 200yd range. 15 mins from you or so in Amesbury by the NH line. no indoor. I shoot trap there, great bunch of guys. they also do 300yd shoots sometimes by closing the trap field and shooting to the 100yd range. that looked fun

I live in Amesbury and from what ive been told its incredibly difficult to get into stateline. The only thing I can find is a po box, no website or number so I have no idea how to even try and join

Do you need to have a sponsor over at country pond? I was thinking of Pelham but dont want to drive 30 mins every time I want to shoot

- - - Updated - - -

Also old glory not trying to hijack your thread! Just in the same boat as you

Do you need to have a sponsor over at country pond? I was thinking of Pelham but dont want to drive 30 mins every time I want to shoot
To be eligible for Membership at CPF&G Club, you must:
be eighteen years of age or older;
be a legal resident of the United States
be sponsored by a currently Active Club Member in good standing, who has been a Member for at least two years
(Honorary Members may not act as sponsors.);
agree to abide by the Constitution, Bylaws, and Rules of the Club;
not have been convicted of a felony that has not been annulled or expunged;
not have been convicted of a violation of 18 USC § 922 that has not been annulled or expunged;
not be a member of an organization that advocates the violent overthrow of the United States Government; and
not be barred by any law from the possession, use, or control of firearms.
Full details at http://www.cpfgc.com/join.html

Now with Constitutional Carry just a Governors signature away Lots of NH clubs look even better.
Not sure why that would have ever made a difference in the first place. I live in mass and have been a member of a NH gun club for years. Why would the NH p and r thing have ever kept you from joining a NH club?

Which club do you prefer?

I've shot trap at Gtown for years. I am a member of Country pond. Country pond is definitely a better club. For starts the indoor range is 24 hours and you can shoot up to 44 magnum. Plenty of events going on all the time and well attended. Pin shoots plate shoots 3 gun trap bullseye cf and rimfire leagues. Plate shoot practice every wed night from april to sep. Its a great club. And yes they are filling up but not near cap yet. Took in 17 new members last month. If you are interested in joining go on the website and look at coming events......green events are open to the public. Show up to a few and ask if someone will sponsor you

Last edited:

- - - Updated - - -

Also old glory not trying to hijack your thread! Just in the same boat as you

you do need a sponsor. Go to the website and check out coming events. events highlighted in green are open to the public. At lease 3-4 events a week there are public. Come to some.....meet some folks and ask if someone will sponsor you. easy.

Back
Top Bottom