• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Range/Club Help

I was thinking about joining up with a good gun club within the next few days. Anyone know of any places (that you may be a member of) that are somewhat close to me (Lynn) and have things like an indoor range for rimfire, and at least a 200yd high power range?

Most clubs have a process to go through that takes more than a few days.

My club requires a sponsor and then the Board votes on whether to grant membership at the next monthly meeting.

I am a South Shore guy so not very familiar with clubs in your area, but hear good things about Reading, and if it is not to far, Harvard is the club everyone raves about

Attending a safety meeting or something like that isn't an issue. As for finding a sponsor for a range I like, that may be more difficult hecause I don't know anyone really.

most clubs are welcoming.

Find a club you're interested in
Check here to see if there are any members
Visit the Club on a day when people off the street are OK (lots of clubs allow the public to shoot Trap)
Let the folks there know that you are interested.

When people do this at my place, we shoot the breeze, and maybe a round of Trap (just to take their measure WRT safety, etc.) and often get a sponsor quite quickly.

Not all clubs are the same, but few are turning away new members.

YMMV

Back
Top Bottom