Range Bags

Personally I like and use this one:

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/939221689/midwayusa-competition-range-bag-system

It also goes on sale frequently.

BTW, if you are in MA, understand that trigger locks do NOT meet the legal requirement for transportation. I had D-rings installed and use padlocks to secure the bag for transport.

Len, if I have a soft pistol case with the rings in the zippers and use a TSA cable lock(1/8 diameter cable), will this satisfy the Ma. requirement?

(attempting to link image)
I have this exact Kennedy Tool Box. Got it for cheap when I was into tools for a while, put it to use as a range box. Old School Metal, I like it.

Kennedy-1018-Toolbox-3.jpg

This is what I settled on:

GPS Tactical Range Backpack

It has a goodly amount of storage for glasses, hearing protection, a small toolkit, cleaning supplies, ammo storage, and a small range first aid kit. It also has those three pouches for pistols, each one having multiple slots inside them for magazines. For MA peeps, the compartment that these three pistol pouches go in can be secured and locked with an external lock.

The price might be on the higher side (between $100 and $150, depending on where you get it), but the quality seems to be pretty good and I think it will last for quite a long time..

husky tool bag is a good idea. i may have to try that.

personally i like anything that draws the least attention or says something like "no guns in here"....mostly because i live around a flock of moonbats.

this hello kitty bag worked out well but has difficulty fitting the S&W 629
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0EY8QQDQR1RQ0DHBQ30N

I like that GPS bag. They make a smaller one that's more of a bag as apposed to a backpack. I might pick that one up, although I am partial to Hello kitty[laugh]

This is what I settled on:

GPS Tactical Range Backpack

It has a goodly amount of storage for glasses, hearing protection, a small toolkit, cleaning supplies, ammo storage, and a small range first aid kit. It also has those three pouches for pistols, each one having multiple slots inside them for magazines. For MA peeps, the compartment that these three pistol pouches go in can be secured and locked with an external lock.

The price might be on the higher side (between $100 and $150, depending on where you get it), but the quality seems to be pretty good and I think it will last for quite a long time..

good to know on the locks! I have yet to find a locking range bag. You'd think in MA, someone would design one!

I just use a backpack and put a lock through the zipper pulls. Pistols go into pistol bags first. Ammo, tools, eye/ear pro, etc go into a plastic toolbox with a lock on that. To the casual observer it looks like I'm off to do some construction somewhere. Well, as long as they don't see the rifle case(s).

The trick if you have multiple locked things is to get ones keyed the same.

The Husky bags can also be locked. I drilled out bigger holes on the zipper pulls to allow use of a 'real' lock. They come with holes that would fit a small luggage lock.

husky tool bag is a good idea. i may have to try that.

personally i like anything that draws the least attention or says something like "no guns in here"....mostly because i live around a flock of moonbats.

this hello kitty bag worked out well but has difficulty fitting the S&W 629
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0EY8QQDQR1RQ0DHBQ30N

This thread came around just at the right time because I'm currently looking for a range bag myself.

LOL @ the Hello Kitty bag. Looks like something I'd do--I like messing with people that way.

and yeah, I'd prefer something discreet because theft, and because I don't want to get into conversations with neighbors. I don't know about the moonbat population of my town but we have one of the lowest rates of firearms licensure in the commonwealth according to stats I found in the Boston Glob a while back. Like 330th out of 351 in gun licenses per capita. So obviously guns aren't a popular thing here.

Back
Top Bottom