Range Bags, any suggestions?

I bought a nice large Midway range bag after having a smaller poorer quality one for years. I have now loaded it down so much that I’m straining to carry it to the car and the range. I was thinking of acquiring a wheeled carrier that I could set it on but now that Scrivener mentioned a rolling tool box that just may be the way to go. Some examples I’ve taken a gander at below.
ShowImage.aspx

Stanley Rolling Workshop Xl 1 92 279
The unit is very strong and is covered by a 6 year warranty.
Dimensions approx. 19.3x11.8in x 32.5in.
[/CENTER]

I like this unit, but can't find it on Stanley's website. I googled it and I could only come up with Suppliers in the UK. Any idea where I can buy this? Is it discontinued?​

I think I recall that someone at the July 4th shoot had a rolling tool cart. I think that I saw it in Lowe's or Home Depot and it was not Stanley brand.

I like this unit, but can't find it on Stanley's website. I googled it and I could only come up with Suppliers in the UK. Any idea where I can buy this? Is it discontinued?

It's only available in the UK. You can find them on eBay, but from what I've heard (from my cousin in the UK that has one), they're not very well made. Too tall, to skinny, and prone to racking when fully loaded.

I think I recall that someone at the July 4th shoot had a rolling tool cart. I think that I saw it in Lowe's or Home Depot and it was not Stanley brand.
That was me. It was a Stanley. I have a Fat Max that you can get at Lowes or Home Depot for about $80. I love it. Look back a few posts for a picture.

Steve (the Goose) has a Lowes rolling cart. I think its their Kobalt brand.

The carts seem to hold a lot of stuff but seem more suited for pistol shooters.

I use a beat up duffel bag I picked up from target years ago. Its got 3 external pockets that hold a few multi bit screwdrivers, flashlight, stapler, and assorted items like gas adjusters for SVT40 and Hakim rifles, an ammo spam can opener, etc.

Inside theres a huge main compartement with a mesh pouch under the main zippered flap that hold small items.

I know people frown on bags because they're awkward, heavy, etc. but I pack light and find the lightest and smallest gear that works to put in mine so its not bad to carry. Plus I shoot mainly rifles so any full and extra mags are usually with the rifle(s).

For me one of the best things about a duffel bag is that it doubles as a rest when shooting off a bench.

It's only available in the UK. You can find them on eBay, but from what I've heard (from my cousin in the UK that has one), they're not very well made. Too tall, to skinny, and prone to racking when fully loaded.

That was me. It was a Stanley. I have a Fat Max that you can get at Lowes or Home Depot for about $80. I love it. Look back a few posts for a picture.

Ah, well that explains it. Ideally, I am looking for something similar, but adjustable. I need something where the units can be removed or attached as needed. Has anyone come across anything like this?

I just picked up a Maxpedition "Doppelduffel" bag last week when the Maxpedition group buy stuff came in - I intend on using this as my range bag:

http://www.maxpedition.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=13&idproduct=556

It is pretty big inside, and has two dividers that can be removed. I was going to organize the contents by breaking it down into smaller containers that will fit inside the Doppelduffel. There is enough room in this I can get two of my M&P plastic factory cases in the center section - and still have room on the sides for the other things I haul.

There are two outside compartments - and MOLLE straps so I can attach more pouches to the outside to keep stuff organized ( I could attach MOLLE mag pouches to carry mags for instance).

I can be carried as a backpack too - and the straps fit into a compartment on the bottom so they don't hang out if you just use it like a bag. It's heavy duty cordura like all the other Maxpedition stuff so it should stand up well. The idea of a wheeled cart is a good on - I figure I can get one of those foldup aluminum wheel dollys and strap this to it if I decide I need something wheeled.

Back
Top Bottom