Range Bag

Midway competition Bag or smaller competition bag, no question. Larger bag is on sale at midway for $39. cannot go wrong. will easily hold 2 pistols in their own seperate pistol rugs, a brass bag and a ton of space for all other needs. I love mine and will only use these from here on until they became unavailable

Wow, so you are still going to recommend the Midway bag after the designer of the Shooters Connection bag explained how it is cheap rip off.

Chuck, some people will never get understand integrity and ethics. Thankfully you do, plus with great prices and ridiculously fast shipping there is no reason not to buy from you. And thanks for supporting my sport

Last edited:
Wow, so you are still going to recommend the Midway bag after the designer of the Shooters Connection bag explained how it is cheap rip off.

Chuck, some people will never get understand integrity and ethics. Thankfully you do, plus with great prices and ridiculously fast shipping their is no reason not to buy from you. And thanks for supporting my sport

I'm going to assume MJM didn't read page #2.

Chuck, could you post pictures of how the main compartment locks? I'm very curious about this.

I feel awful for buying the midway bag after reading your story. I'd like to see better images of how the bag locks up so I can justify buying it 'over again.'

I'm going to assume MJM didn't read page #2.

Possibly and MJM, if you didn't know that the midway bag is a rip off, I apologize

Chuck is one of the good guys in this business and it's bad enough that Midway screwed him over, but when shooters do it also, it really pisses me off.

Oh boy I never meant to start this debate. Chuck thanks and by the way another reason not to patent the bag would be the fact the it cost a ridiculous amount of money to file and better yet to wait and hope it gets sucessfully cleared. Again another cost that would have to be passed onto the consumer.

So, I am sold Shooters Connection for me. Please do us one favor post this info right on your website even on the product page it would have probably helped me make my decision much quicker.

I'll be honest and say I have one of the Midway bags, I way bought it before you posted here Chuck. Thanks for making me feel like a jerk. [wink][grin] Kidding. Had I known I would have bought yours.

That said, there are many group buys that are organized here, perhaps this is a thought you would entertain in the future?

Titan , you cant patent this kind of thing. So no legal action can be taken. Just because its legal doesn't make it ethical. Even though I don't like it I accept it. There are discussions like this all over the internet. I get notification of it and rarely respond until somebody claims its the same quality bag or even the same bag with a different name and that I am just gouging people.

I dont really consider it simple competition. Why couldn't they just come up with their own design to compete? There are thousands of different range that compete. I have a high end product built for a specific type of customer. When they use my exact design that tells me they are trying to capitalize on that idea and reputation. They even take credit for the design by saying they built it from the ground up. This is more like the type of tactics one would associate with bad lawyers and used car salesmen. I refuse to tarnish my reputation by operating that way, its a shame others do. When they do I have to seriously question the overall business principles they operate under and lack of ethics overall.

Chuck,

I appreciate your response and sympathize with the problem. I've travelled extensively in Asia and it's very clear that most countries there have no respect whatsover for intellectual property. It's a concept they have a lot of trouble understanding on any level, and some of them just don't give a damn. It's extremely unfortunate and companies all over the U.S. struggle with it. If it makes a difference, I didn't know it was a ripoff of your bag when I bought the ones I bought and I've decided not to give any more as gifts or overtly recommend it, now that you've made your case.

I still think that individuals should make their own decision driven largely by their personal finances. If someone can afford your product, then I'd recommend they buy it.

In the end, as unfortunate as the situation is for you, I'm not sure what can be done. If you can't patent your design, then you simply have no protection, and are in the same boat as anyone with an unpatentable product.

You're in the boat with lots of other business people who compete against drastically lower off-shore labor and have their work cut out for them. It doesn't bode well for the U.S. economy.

Chuck,

I appreciate your response and sympathize with the problem. I've travelled extensively in Asia and it's very clear that most countries there have no respect whatsover for intellectual property. It's a concept they have a lot of trouble understanding on any level, and some of them just don't give a damn. It's extremely unfortunate and companies all over the U.S. struggle with it. If it makes a difference, I didn't know it was a ripoff of your bag when I bought the ones I bought and I've decided not to give any more as gifts or overtly recommend it, now that you've made your case.

I still think that individuals should make their own decision driven largely by their personal finances. If someone can afford your product, then I'd recommend they buy it.

In the end, as unfortunate as the situation is for you, I'm not sure what can be done. If you can't patent your design, then you simply have no protection, and are in the same boat as anyone with an unpatentable product.

You're in the boat with lots of other business people who compete against drastically lower off-shore labor and have their work cut out for them. It doesn't bode well for the U.S. economy.

You are correct. I get Google notifications every time Shooters Connection is mentioned. Thats how I found this thread. I usually dont go into it until I see somebody claiming its the same bag or the same quality. Thats all I can really do is confront those threads as I have done here. You cant patent a design, its not like a product that does a specific function. You can apply for a design patent but all they have to do is change one little thing to get around it so its not worth the trouble. In addition to this subject I saw a C-More selling on Ebay from Hong Kong yesterday. They copied it exactly, even the used their trademarked Logo. C-more does have several patents on their product. I have heard about these and that they will not hold up like the original but still. Where we sell a real Cmore for 209.00 and up these were 88.00. Our government is more worried how to stop us from exporting gun related products instead of promoting exports when they should be stopping these copycat products from coming in the country.

Chuck, could you post pictures of how the main compartment locks? I'm very curious about this.

I feel awful for buying the midway bag after reading your story. I'd like to see better images of how the bag locks up so I can justify buying it 'over again.'

IMG_1263.jpg

I dont have a real good picture of the top to my surprise but in this pic you can see how the zipper tabs come together so they can be locked. Here is a link to the web page to show more pics of the bag also.
http://shootersconnectionstore.com/...ries-Shooting-Bag-PRO-Hunter-Green-P556.aspx#

Well, I have the Midway bag. When I purchased it I hadn't even heard of Shooters Connections. The Midway bag is good enough, though.

EDIT: Chuck, I know you said that you have considered making a cheaper bag, but didn't want to put your name on something of sub-standard quality, but I really think you should reconsider that idea. I'd love to give you my business, especially since the design is yours and others are just ripping you off. However, there is an extremely large number of shooters that simply don't need a bag as rugged, and therefore as expensive, as the Tournament Series bag you produce. Heck, you could even call it the "Recreational Series" bag and describe it as having "the same design as our Tournament Series bag, but with the casual shooter in mind." I love your design, but can't justify spending $140.00 on it, and I don't need something extremely rugged because it just sits in my trunk while I drive to the range.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom