• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Range Bag

ive also gotta disagree on the midwayusa bag. i've got the large one, and i freakin LOVE the thing. ive only had it a few weeks, so i wont speak to longevity as of yet, but it's built VERY well.

i made the mistake once of trying to carry 4 pistols plus ~ 200-400 rounds for each gun (in 9mm, .45acp, .38sp, and .22lr). yea. that was a bad idea. bag weighed a TON. my plastic tubs (full of reloads) fit nicely, but at 200-500rounds per tub, they get heavy.

needless to say, the bag itself held up just fine. my shoulder, on the other hand, was a tad sore lol. i think i'll stick to keeping my ammo in one of the dozen or so empty ammo cans i have. the smaller stage bag the *large* midway bag comes with is nice too! pouch for 1 or 2 pistols, eyes, ears, a bottle of water, and room for ammo! cant beat that!

I bought the MidwayUSA large range bag and it is all I could ask for. My trouble is that I overload it all the time and it’s one PITA lugging it around. To take care of that problem I’m sending for the following luggage cart to cart it around, unless I can find one locally. I think this will take care of my problem and it stores flat and sells for short money.
div255.gif

1010043582.jpg

Sparco Compact Luggage Cart -
150 lb Capacity
14.75" x 13.75" x 35" - Chrome
$15.48
Compact cart features an easy-grip handle, a flip-out support platform for larger luggage and a strap. Holds up to 150 lb.
http://www.discountofficeitems.com/...r01753-office-products-20446.html?ref=froogle

whats it for

I would suggest you decide how your gonna use it. the gun ho box
is great for bullseye, carries what you need for a match, 1 or 2 guns
and scope, and spare ammo.

for IDPA or simialr function, something with wheels is probaly the best,
as you move from range to range you have it all with you.

Most of the high power shooters i've seen have all kinds of wheeled
contraptions.

i suggest you look into each of the above.

i have a smith and wesson range bag, i got it free as i bought a new
gun. its a nice bag, but as mentioned you tend to overload them
and they get very heavy. i take the S&W bag with me and use
a smaller bag to carry around. Can always go back to the large
bag if i need it, bust no sense in carrying everything everywhere.

JimB

I bought the MidwayUSA large range bag and it is all I could ask for. My trouble is that I overload it all the time and it’s one PITA lugging it around. To take care of that problem I’m sending for the following luggage cart to cart it around, unless I can find one locally. I think this will take care of my problem and it stores flat and sells for short money.
div255.gif

1010043582.jpg

Sparco Compact Luggage Cart -
150 lb Capacity
14.75" x 13.75" x 35" - Chrome
$15.48
Compact cart features an easy-grip handle, a flip-out support platform for larger luggage and a strap. Holds up to 150 lb.
http://www.discountofficeitems.com/...r01753-office-products-20446.html?ref=froogle

I have several of these, which my wife has found in K Mart type places for under $20 per. Considering the price, they are surprisingly robust. (We have one that has been in service for several years for humping boat stuff from the parking lot to the docks; it has a few dings but still works just fine.)

However, there is an error in the photo; the bungee hooks are shown clipped over the handle "latch", tending to pull it into fold down mode. The hooks should go over the vertical bars of the upper portion of the handle.

I bought one of these during the Maxpedition group buy we had here a while back and have been very happy with it:

0608g_854_general.jpg

It's a Maxpedition DoppelDuffel bag. Not strictly meant as a 'range bag' - but I was looking for something a little bigger than the usual range bag and this was the best option I could find.

http://www.maxpedition.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=&idproduct=556

With the MOLLE straps on the outside I can add extra pouches if I need more capacity, and it is big enough to carry 2-3 pistol cases, a roll of paper towels and handi wipes, some ammo, ear and eye protection, assorted other stuff, my paper targets, etc. - all in one bag.

The Maxpedition stuff is very heavy duty so I expect it to stand up pretty well over the long term.

It can also be carried like a backpack in case you have to hike your way in to some area to do your shooting.

I was using a duffel bag before - and it was getting beat up and wasn't quite big enough.

I ended up going with this bag:
S86027OD.jpg

TAC Force™ Range Bags are regarded as one of the industry’s favorite “Carry-All” gear bags. Well designed with ample room to carry two (2) handguns in seperate removable sleeves, their magazines and other important gear all in one unit. Other features include, large main compartment with adjustable/removable dividers, 14 individual magazine sleeves, 4 exterior zippered pockets, high density closed cell foam padded side panels, web handles, hook n loop flashlight/baton straps, removable/adjustable carrying strap, treated with DuPont® Teflon® coating to weatherproof and add longevity to bag. A must have range bag that every shooter should have included in their shooting gear arsenal.

• 22" x 18" x 10"
• Pistol sleeve 15" x 7"
• 2648 Cu. in.
• Two lockable pistol compartments with removable sleeves
• Includes configurable padded dividers
• Versatile “Carry-All” pistol range bag
• Can accommodate most medium to large duty pistols
• Available Colors: Black, OD Green, Desert Tan, ACU, Digital Woodland & Digital Desert Tan

I was on a hunt for the perfect range bag earlier this year and toyed with getting the Uncle Mike's range bag. I liked how you could throw a lock on the main zippered compartment and that would cover you for the "locked container" requirement when transporting...as opposed to trigger locks on all your pistols.

My wife ended up getting me the shooters connection range bag which was recomended in the second post (Tournament Series Shooting Bag). She did quite a bit of reading and research online before getiing it and I do love it...but the main compartment isn't lockable :(

I'd stay away from the logo'ed bags as well. They're usually overpriced and not the best quality. And along with all your other logo -wear, it serves to give you that mall ninja look at the range.

Eagle Deluxe Pro Shooters Bag,I have one in multicam because I'm tactical.

Made in the USA
Large YYK zippers
Lots of storage for mags
Padded pistol pouches
It is 2 bags in one,the inside bag comes out
It's multicam,so you can barely see it,I lost in at the range one time

What's not to like,except for the price ?

Gear_Bags_Eagle_Deluxe_Pro_Shooter_Bag_Multicam.jpg

That's cool - I like the Multicam stuff. I would have bought the Maxpedition bag in Multicam if they made it that way.

Shooters Connection all the way.

The Midway bag is a poor copy of the Shooters Connection bag, as is the 5.11 bag.

I have both, an SC bag and a 5.11 bag.

I will go with a +1 on the Shooters Connection bag I have 2 of them and I have several on the internal stage bags that go with them.

I have one set up with no inside bag I use for Bulls eye. It has held up well and is 4 years old.

The other I use for IDPA, USPSA, ICORE, Steel, and any other action sport I can find to shoot. I use the Stage bags for this one. One stage bag is set up for revolver, one for my Sig Pistols, and one for my BHP pistol. The newer style sstage bags have a place for 6 mags and 2 hand guns and a dividers that let the center portion be three compartments for whatever. In the main bag I keep all the generic BS needed for whatever I shoot and it stays there all the time. At a match, I try to just use the stage bag but for a major match, I keep the whole bag with the tools, range rods, etc with me in case of an emergency.

The bag is well built and holds up. I have had a lot of different bags over the years and find that the Shooter's Connection bag, the Green Mountain bag, and the Waller Bag (Now out of business due to foreign import bags like ISHOT) are the best on the market.

Chuch Bradley from Shooter's Connection supports the sports, stands behind his product, and is a shooter you will see at matches so I support him when I can.

Back
Top Bottom