• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Range bag recommendations

qwik88

NES Member
Looking for a bag perfer room for 4-5 pistols and all the rest of the junk that goes with them. What’s every one using my tool bag isn’t big enough and it’s starting to tear after 10 years

Using a cheapo Husky tool bag. The bigger the bag, the more you stuff in there and the heavier it gets so Im still using a (prob) 20" bag.

Probably a lot of serviceable stuff on Midway that you wont have to pay through the nose for. I think theres a lot of overpriced crap out there with a 1000% profit margin because its made of black nylon and the name on the label has the word "tactical" in it.

I have one from Midway USA that could be used as carry on luggage. Just remember to take the guns and ammunition out first! ;)

As it happens, it's on sale for $39.99 right now.

Using a cheapo Husky tool bag. The bigger the bag, the more you stuff in there and the heavier it gets so Im still using a (prob) 20" bag.

Probably a lot of serviceable stuff on Midway that you wont have to pay through the nose for. I think theres a lot of overpriced crap out there with a 1000% profit margin because its made of black nylon and the name on the label has the word "tactical" in it.
That is what I’ve used for years but I think I want something with built in pistol storage

It's YUGE!!!!! I've back as many as four handguns and a couple hundred rounds of ammo in mine. I also keep magazines for guns I shoot frequently, some tools, a brass rod to clear squibs, hearing and eye protection, a staple gun, and other stuff in mine.

I find the Midwayusa bag to be my go to. Its got lots of space although i wouldn't mind going a bit bigger.

Looking for a bag perfer room for 4-5 pistols and all the rest of the junk that goes with them. What’s every one using my tool bag isn’t big enough and it’s starting to tear after 10 years

Hold on ... 10 years with the same bag? go get another on just like it, just a bit bigger. a bag is a bag is a bag. go to wallmart, get a similar bag just bigger. at it's cost, in a few years if it craps out, buy another cheapy.

all these I see with specialized bags got nothing more than a bigger bill and still have to customize to no end. the bag, like so much other gear is not what it is, but what you make it.

I use a computer backback for a handgun day. Otherwise, I use double-rifle soft bag for general use. These new bags have so many compartments you can fit your whole life in there. My next one will be from Savior Equipment.

1625877332313.png

I use a computer backback for a handgun day. Otherwise, I use double-rifle soft bag for general use. These new bags have so many compartments you can fit your whole life in there. My next one will be from Savior Equipment.

View attachment 500675
I just bought a rifle bag that will hold all my rifle gear mainly looking for somthing for pistol days

I have one from Midway USA that could be used as carry on luggage. Just remember to take the guns and ammunition out first! ;)

Damn, theyre saying the bag weighs almost 13 lbs?! Is that accurate?

Nice looking bag but Im not sure it would fit behind the seat of my truck

Going to the range is a tactical fashion show, find the most expensive thing there is and buy two of them. One of them for the weekends when the most judges will be around and hopefully ask you where you bought it from, and the 2nd one for any other day when there aren't going to be many people around to see it. Also, make sure not to get them dirty or the judges will deduct points.

4-5 pistols? You do not need a bag for that!

It is like purchasing your house. You want to buy something you can grow into.
This is what will do it for ya, you can even squeeze your toys into it:

Last edited:
I believe it's the shipping weight, not just the bag. I haven't carried mine empty since I took it out of the box, so I don't know what it actually weighs.

Damn, theyre saying the bag weighs almost 13 lbs?! Is that accurate?

Nice looking bag but Im not sure it would fit behind the seat of my truck

I have the same bag. When I was “doing research” years ago I saw that I could blow $400 on a range bag or $40. And this $40 bag has served me well.

Plus I didn’t get busted for having sex with a range bag because that’s the only way I’d be able justify paying hundreds of dollars for one.

I have been using the same Uncle Mike's range bag for *decades*. Every now and then I think I should replace it...but never do. The only thing that's lacking for me is dedicated mag pouches/holders....oh, and my shoulder strap is connected to the bag with zip ties now :)

Back
Top Bottom