• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Random Question

Long story short. I applied for my LTC unrestricted in the city in which my Business resides well north of the city. It was my understanding that i could either apply there, or in the the city in which i reside. I live very close to Boston, so i decided that it may be easier with less complications to obtain my unrestricted LTC in the city in which my business resides.

Now with that being said, when i went in for my interview it went rather smoothly. I've been approved for an unrestricted and i should be receiving it in the mail soon. Before i left the interview, the licensing officer said, "when you receive your license, i want you to give your hometown police chief/licensing officer a call to let them know that you are Unrestricted LTC license holder.

So my question is, am i obligated to do that? Should i? Why would you or wouldn't you do it?

Appreciate the feedback,

R

Long story short. I applied for my LTC unrestricted in the city in which my Business resides well north of the city. It was my understanding that i could either apply there, or in the the city in which i reside. I live very close to Boston, so i decided that it may be easier with less complications to obtain my unrestricted LTC in the city in which my business resides.

Now with that being said, when i went in for my interview it went rather smoothly. I've been approved for an unrestricted and i should be receiving it in the mail soon. Before i left the interview, the licensing officer said, "when you receive your license, i want you to give your hometown police chief/licensing officer a call to let them know that you are Unrestricted LTC license holder.

So my question is, am i obligated to do that? Should i? Why would you or wouldn't you do it?

Appreciate the feedback,

R

**** him!

Bad Idea Jeans Dept.

Long story short. I applied for my LTC unrestricted in the city in which my Business resides well north of the city. ... the licensing officer said, "when you receive your license, i want you to give your hometown police chief/licensing officer a call to let them know that you are Unrestricted LTC license holder.

So my question is, am i obligated to do that? Should i? ...

Seems obvious to me you should do the licensing officer the courtesy of following his wishes:
  1. Find a pay phone, and use coins.
  2. "Hello, Chief? I just got an unrestricted LTC!"
  3. <Click>
And everyone goes home safe at the end of the day.

The above is inspired 50% by the Duane Ingalls Glasscock School of Government Interaction,
and 50% by this anecdote of someone following the 1980s Nanny Commonwealth fire code for model rockets:

Rocketeer: Hello, Chief? We're gonna be launching model rockets in the field on Saturday.​
Fire Chief: Waal now, I don't know as I like the sound of that...​
Rocketeer: Makes no difference to me. The law says I have to notify you, it doesn't say I need your permission.​
<Click>​

Your mileage may vary.

Last edited:
I'd contact G.O.A.L. and see what they say. If there is a legal obligation of some kind I'd fulfill it, but otherwise I'd stfu about it.

AHM,

You're old too huh? We were walking/drinking the streets of Boston when DIG took over the station. He did some funny stuff but I never figured him for a major liberal. Boston lost a great station.

Not sure I'd bother with the notification. Chiefs talk a lot at their meetings and some are good guys who know they have buttholes with the same badge. Some Chiefs are cool on guns. Others as we know really, really, really suck.

Last edited:

Appreciate the feedback,

R
Have licensing officers in this situation taken it upon themselves to do this notification? Can they?

I'd contact G.O.A.L. and see what they say. If there is a legal obligation of some kind I'd fulfill it, but otherwise I'd stfu about it.

Took your advice and contacted G.O.A.L. No legal obligation whatsoever to notify my hometown PD. Thanks for the advice.

Also, thank you all for your replies.

... The above is inspired 50% by the Duane Ingalls Glasscock School of Government Interaction, ...

(Now that I'm at a desktop). To be specific, the time Duane phoned the White House to try and bribe Nancy Reagan with some ladies designer wrist watches. The switchboard operator instantly dumped it to the Secret Service officer on crank call screening duty.

SS: What is your name, sir?
DIG: Do you want me to tell you my name?
SS: Yes sir, I want you to tell me your name.
DIG: How does it feel to want? <Click>

=====
AHM,

You're old too huh? We were walking/drinking the streets of Boston when DIG took over the station. He did some funny stuff but I never figured him for a major liberal. Boston lost a great station. ...

I can still remember the Saturday afternoon when Wicked Yellow broadcast without permission from some high school football field. I was listening from the parking lot of the Marlboro Frye Boot outlet while The Bride was shopping. There was a flash mob of fans and you could hear the local gendarmes told the staff to leave instantly and take their fans with them, or be arrested for inciting a riot.

I've since decided that political change through Talk Radio is BS.
Change will only come when some host steps up and starts broadcasting Action Radio.

Brush With Greatness Dept.

I know Carlos.

(He's the engineer who did all the work to rig and program the DECtalk).

=====
OP: Be sure to have a Plan B in case you ever have to move or fold the business, because the LTC is contingent on its location and existence. The issuing department may well not hunt you down as soon as you vacate the premises, but you wouldn't be able to renew. In such circumstances, it might not be the biggest problem in your life, but if you don't keep it in mind, it could become that.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom