• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Randolph officer who does the gun licenses Retiring

expedition03

NES Member
So... my town's LEO who you meet with to apply for a firearms license is retiring soon, and I hope that this isn't going to spell trouble for me when I renew not soon, but anyways. I hope that who is ever chosen to replace him isn't an ANTI or this town will go further in the septic tank and I'm f'ing moving, Florida sounds nice right about now.

I changed the title since it confused everyone

Last edited:
So... my town's CLEO is retiring soon, and I hope that this isn't going to spell trouble for me when I renew not soon, but anyways. I hope that who is ever chosen to replace him isn't an ANTI or this town will go further in the septic tank and I'm f'ing moving, Florida sounds nice right about now.

Moving to Florida from Randolph, will just mean the weather is warmer.

If you want to feel pro-active, you, and other Randolph gun owners you know, can find out whoever is involved with hiring the next CLEO. Write them your concerns and the policies you want the next CLEO to continue or change. It worked in my town, although it took 30 years of effort.

Wow, he wasn't chief very long!

Just a couple of years to pad his retirement.

Randolph is a 'pit and that and the issues in Town Hall might have gotten to him.

Don't know who Bill Pace is either Len. Who's your friend Paul P?

Yes, I've known Paul since a classmate married him and I twisted his arm a few times to attend our reunions when he was inclined to send his Wife alone . . . he told me that he didn't want to hear the "I got caught speeding" BS from attendees. Afterwards he admitted that he had a good time! Last time I saw him was a week or two prior to his retirement, I paid him a visit at the PD for a personal chat and give him my best wishes. This reminds me to invite him to our upcoming RHS reunion.

ETA: Bill Pace was either a Sgt or Lt. on Randolph PD prior to taking the chief's job. That's all I know about him.

I liked Paul too, but Joe Previtti was the best!

Yes, I've known Paul since a classmate married him and I twisted his arm a few times to attend our reunions when he was inclined to send his Wife alone . . . he told me that he didn't want to hear the "I got caught speeding" BS from attendees. Afterwards he admitted that he had a good time! Last time I saw him was a week or two prior to his retirement, I paid him a visit at the PD for a personal chat and give him my best wishes. This reminds me to invite him to our upcoming RHS reunion.

ETA: Bill Pace was either a Sgt or Lt. on Randolph PD prior to taking the chief's job. That's all I know about him.

I liked Paul too, but Joe Previtti was the best!

Joe was a very interesting character. Although I don't recall the subject, he and I had a long interesting phone conversation once . . . I think it was after he retired.

Ugh, the cell # Paul gave me belongs to the PD and his 5 yr old Email address is no longer in use either. I may have to drop by his house on my way to BR&P for the meeting on Monday.

- - - Updated - - -

Paul has been retired for exactly 5 years, so Bill Pace has served as chief for the past 5 years.

When I got my LTC a few months ago I met with Commander Courtney. He seemed to be fully in charge of issuing LTCs from what he told me. He mentioned in the interview he was retiring in a few months.

There was an article in the local paper announcing his retirement. Anybody know who is replacing him?

Here's a link to the department's officers:

http://www.randolphmapolice.com/Email.htm

Art Sullivan is the other Commander, so I'd guess he'll take over responsibility or maybe it'll be whoever replaces Commander Courtney. My guess for the new Commander, and it's purely speculation is John Hamelburg. I've met them both, long ago, Art at Massasoit and John in public school. It was way too long ago to guess who would be the better guy for us to have in the position but I don't plan to be in town long enough to have to get a renewal here. They both seemed like alright guys on a personal level but I have no idea who'd be a better licensing officer.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom