Randall, en route!

Picton

NES Member
I got the shipping confirmation today; my Gambler is enroute. 4”, maple handle. NS hilt.

I ordered it five years ago and, OF COURSE, it’s going to get stuck in the black hole of Thanksgiving mail delivery while I’m not going to be home. Great timing.

Centerfold-quality photos upon receipt, please...

56347772.jpg

Nice. We're going to need pics when you get it. That long wait must be agonizing.

I thought it would be. Truth is, I forgot about it for a couple years there!

They sent me the final confirmation about six months ago; since then, yes. It’s been pretty exciting. Now I’m just hoping they don’t leave it sitting on my porch while I’m away for Thanksgiving.

Wednesday.

Now. The planning begins: make sure I get home before Mrs Picton on Wednesday...

Congrats
I have 2 Randalls and love them.
Makes me wonder if there is a Randall picture thread on here somewhere.

Last edited:
Now I’m just hoping they don’t leave it sitting on my porch while I’m away for Thanksgiving.

I volunteer to keep an eye out for your knife! PM address of porch!...
~Matt

Update. USPS said it’d be here NLT 2000 today.

Nope.

So for all I know it’ll get delivered Friday and sit there til Sunday. I waited around all afternoon for the delivery, too.

AB57B022-FCA7-416F-8DF1-55C6A1B75408.jpeg 5EF1D0AE-3113-4EFF-99A6-DE31E7E7D168.jpeg Okay! Got it home. It’s my own little high-class Franco Begbie sticker.

As always, the balance and craftsmanship are excellent. It’s slightly blade-heavy, but I knew I’d get that when I specified maple for the handle. Either way, it’s a nice handy little darling.

Enjoy!

The handle shaping, for me, is what sets Randalls apart. Even the ones I haven’t liked as much have felt so good in hand.

Back
Top Bottom