• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Randall, en route!

Picton

NES Member
I got the shipping confirmation today; my Gambler is enroute. 4”, maple handle. NS hilt.

I ordered it five years ago and, OF COURSE, it’s going to get stuck in the black hole of Thanksgiving mail delivery while I’m not going to be home. Great timing.

Centerfold-quality photos upon receipt, please...

56347772.jpg

Nice. We're going to need pics when you get it. That long wait must be agonizing.

I thought it would be. Truth is, I forgot about it for a couple years there!

They sent me the final confirmation about six months ago; since then, yes. It’s been pretty exciting. Now I’m just hoping they don’t leave it sitting on my porch while I’m away for Thanksgiving.

Wednesday.

Now. The planning begins: make sure I get home before Mrs Picton on Wednesday...

Congrats
I have 2 Randalls and love them.
Makes me wonder if there is a Randall picture thread on here somewhere.

Last edited:
Now I’m just hoping they don’t leave it sitting on my porch while I’m away for Thanksgiving.

I volunteer to keep an eye out for your knife! PM address of porch!...
~Matt

Update. USPS said it’d be here NLT 2000 today.

Nope.

So for all I know it’ll get delivered Friday and sit there til Sunday. I waited around all afternoon for the delivery, too.

AB57B022-FCA7-416F-8DF1-55C6A1B75408.jpeg 5EF1D0AE-3113-4EFF-99A6-DE31E7E7D168.jpeg Okay! Got it home. It’s my own little high-class Franco Begbie sticker.

As always, the balance and craftsmanship are excellent. It’s slightly blade-heavy, but I knew I’d get that when I specified maple for the handle. Either way, it’s a nice handy little darling.

Enjoy!

Very nice looking with the maple. You just swayed me into another 5 year wait I think!
Just got the latest catalog, if you place your order now you will get your knife in 2030. If you cannot wait that long, you can always buy from an authorized dealer like Nordic Knives, but you will pay more than the standard Randall price.

Just got the latest catalog, if you place your order now you will get your knife in 2030. If you cannot wait that long, you can always buy from an authorized dealer like Nordic Knives, but you will pay more than the standard Randall price.
The 3 Randall’s I have ordered from dealers took 6-9 months and cost me the then current catalog price. Still a bit of a wait but definitely the way to go.
Gary Clinton was the last dealer I used.

The 3 Randall’s I have ordered from dealers took 6-9 months and cost me the then current catalog price. Still a bit of a wait but definitely the way to go.
Gary Clinton was the last dealer I used.

Yeah, I'll be damned if I would wait 6 years for a knife. Maybe if I was younger! [laugh]

That'll be just in time for this thread to be brought back from the dead...

I'm feverishly trying to decide which Randall to get now, so this thread will be bumped again at least once before then.

Not looking for a huge fighting knife with a 7 or 8" blade - I have too many of those - I think something closer to 4" should do. Full tang would be nice, nothing too dressy. Maybe a Model 28 Woodsman.

I'm feverishly trying to decide which Randall to get now, so this thread will be bumped again at least once before then.

Not looking for a huge fighting knife with a 7 or 8" blade - I have too many of those - I think something closer to 4" should do. Full tang would be nice, nothing too dressy. Maybe a Model 28 Woodsman.

My favorite Randall is a 5" Model 5. It's always been my main user.

28 would be a good choice also. Here's my 5:

1712939117837.png

Green micarta, aged to a brown, with a nickel hilt and silver/black bolsters. Most of my Randalls are specced that way.

My favorite Randall is a 5" Model 5. It's always been my main user.

28 would be a good choice also. Here's my 5:

View attachment 872144

Green micarta, aged to a brown, with a nickel hilt and silver/black bolsters. Most of my Randalls are specced that way.

I was looking at 5-5s. Not sure why I went with the Combat Companion instead - maybe the tang, maybe I just got overwhelmed with the number of options. We’ll see if I end up changing my order before he submits it in a month.

I was looking at 5-5s. Not sure why I went with the Combat Companion instead - maybe the tang, maybe I just got overwhelmed with the number of options. We’ll see if I end up changing my order before he submits it in a month.

Combat Companion looks like a good choice too, but a drop-point wasn't what I was after. I also like a single guard. I didn't order this 5 from the factory; I think I found it in North Carolina somewhere. My only factory orders were the ones I wanted names engraved on, mine and my kids'.

My best-feeling Randall in hand is the Buxton Special, but it's A LOT of knife.

Back
Top Bottom