Ram pump

MGnoob

NES Life Member
NES Member
Is anyone using a hydraulic ram pump to pump surface water? I’m think about using one or more to pump water from a brook.

Wranglerstar on YousTubes does and it works great. They require service every so often but otherwise seem to be pretty good if you are just pumping into a tank. They can pump up something like 7 feet for every foot of head I think. I wish I had a need for one.

That’s a good one and there are a few other good ones....
It’s just a toss up to make vs buy. It’s going to be in the 2-4” range

I have to spend some time out in my brook with my GPS and take to measurements....
I have two possible locations once clearly better then the other for elevation change reasons.... but it is much further from where I want to pump the water too.... so it might cancel out.

Getting the pump working is less of an issue than figuring out how to irrigate 2 1/2 acres with zero experience. It’s gonna have to be automatic

If you can get the ram to fill a reservoir that's above the area that needs irrigation, you can do a gravity system for the field.

If you don't have a lot of fittings (ells, valves, tees) to add resistance to the flow, then a long run, without a lot of rise may not be as problematic.

Back
Top Bottom