Rally on April 19th

Should we organize a Rally on the Lexington Green for April 19th?

• YES!

Votes: 109 99.1%
  • Are you off your rocker?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Take your meds

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Never happen

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
April 19th isn't too late, just as long as we've had about 6 more between now and then.

"Send it" like chinalfr from my can attached to a string from another can in the lair of the dark lord kramdar.

April 19th isn't too late, just as long as we've had about 6 more between now and then.

"Send it" like chinalfr from my can attached to a string from another can in the lair of the dark lord kramdar.

Six are probably not necessary. We just had one, we've got one in the middle of Feb, and we're talking about one in the middle of April. If we squeeze one more in, maybe in March, we'll be good. I'm more worried about burnout. If you showed up to Boston this weekend, you need to KEEP SHOWING UP. If you didn't come, PLAN TO MAKE APRIL.

Whether the current proposals pass or fail.

No excuses.

I agree with MetalgodZ. Three rallies with large numbers of people will be better than six with smaller numbers. People will burnout with six and just not show. Large crowds make a statement. It would be awesome if the number of people increased at each rally. Our rights and our freedom will not come easy. We need to stay united and KEEP SHOWING UP at these events. We NEED to figh the fight.

A couple notes for historical relevance -

A. We're also fighting a media war. The opposition will use 4/19 to point to the 1990s events. I personally think here is the ONE place in the country we could do a 4/19 event and have the real truth of it shine through, but remember it's still a consideration.

B. The actual looking for/confiscation of arms on 4/19/75 was mostly at Concord, both in town itself and on a farm across the North Bridge from town. Taking the position of the Patriots on the hill above that bridge, where Isaac Davis organized his men, would be a photograph like no other. The downside is - much lower audience than on Lexington Green. MUCH lower audience. (Maybe a few hundred, as opposed to thousands). If the logistics could be handled, Lexington would probably be better.

Thank you for the clarification. I am sure that the masses do not know the difference and the symbolism is what I would like to capture. Whether we do it on the actual day or in conjunction with the rest of the 'festivities' earlier in the week i still open for discussion.

Six are probably not necessary. We just had one, we've got one in the middle of Feb, and we're talking about one in the middle of April. If we squeeze one more in, maybe in March, we'll be good. I'm more worried about burnout. If you showed up to Boston this weekend, you need to KEEP SHOWING UP. If you didn't come, PLAN TO MAKE APRIL.

Whether the current proposals pass or fail.

No excuses.
Yes.People need to keep showing up. We did a good job yesterday but it was only the beginning. They are not listening yet.

Freedom has no schedule

I agree with MetalgodZ. Three rallies with large numbers of people will be better than six with smaller numbers. People will burnout with six and just not show. Large crowds make a statement. It would be awesome if the number of people increased at each rally. Our rights and our freedom will not come easy. We need to stay united and KEEP SHOWING UP at these events. We NEED to figh the fight.
The beauty of piggy backing on the events earlier in the week is that we would have a built in large crowd.

A couple notes for historical relevance -

A. We're also fighting a media war. The opposition will use 4/19 to point to the 1990s events. I personally think here is the ONE place in the country we could do a 4/19 event and have the real truth of it shine through, but remember it's still a consideration.

B. The actual looking for/confiscation of arms on 4/19/75 was mostly at Concord, both in town itself and on a farm across the North Bridge from town. Taking the position of the Patriots on the hill above that bridge, where Isaac Davis organized his men, would be a photograph like no other. The downside is - much lower audience than on Lexington Green. MUCH lower audience. (Maybe a few hundred, as opposed to thousands). If the logistics could be handled, Lexington would probably be better.
This, marches, particularly those covering distance on a day like that already packed with long standing traditional events are going to be very tough. A static demonstration might be more logistically viable as well as better received.

- - - Updated - - -

Pollution of that magnitude would be a crime...
Superfund.

What would happen if a 1000 of us showed up with "modern muskets at shoulder arms?"

history_rifles.jpg

I think part of the problem is too few Massachusetts citizens have never even seen an AR in the hands of responsible people.
April 19th would be an excellent opportunity to introduce them...

Hell. We might already have permission...

Carrying Rifles Or Shotguns on A Public Way
The state has enacted specific requirements for carrying a rifle or shotgun on the person on a public way:
•Loaded guns: Except as exempted or provided by law, no person shall carry on his person a loaded rifle or shotgun on a public way (see exemptions below).
•Unloaded guns: Except as exempted or provided by law, no person shall carry on his person on any public way an unloaded rifle or shotgun unless such rifle or shotgun is enclosed in a case. This subsection "does not apply to drills, parades, military reenactments or other commemorative ceremonies, color guards or memorial service firing squads, so called, as permitted by law."

Last edited:
I'm in for "Parade" Open Carry...

Boy that would be great on Memorial Day, Independence Day, Veterens Day...

Is it reenacting if it hasn't happened yet?

Last edited:
I know some guys in the re-enactment company (British Side). I bet they'd trade their Brown Besses for signs after they're done.

If we could get re-enactment companies to march with a large contingent of "modern day" citizens - from Lexington to Concord - THAT would be an awesome protest.

Patriot's Day has a ton of parades. Lexington Green is packed for a reenactment at around 5AM, and another around 10AM if I recall correctly. Parking, logistics - it would be a serious challenge. A rally the size of Boston would utterly fill the green, spill onto the adjacent Buckman's Tavern lawn, and leave no room for spectators. And there's *lots* of muckety mucks who like to show the flag and pay top dollar for close seats at that reenactment.

So... high risk, possibly high impact. Not sure what could be pulled off, especially this close to the day.

That said, doing something for 4/19 would be appropriate, even if it is too late to affect legislation.
Lots more room at North Bridge - but less audience. (As an aside, one member of North Bridge staff - I'm afraid I don't know him - has a son in the Marines and has lots of 2A bumperstickers. So there's at least one friendly there. )

Boston Common might be another option.

Hrmm - confirmed most of the big events are 4/14 and 4/15.
4/19 itself might actually be open.

Lexington Events 4/14-4/15 -
http://ci.lexington.ma.us/committees/patriotsday.cfm
http://www.nps.gov/mima/patriots-day.htm

I think a couple of thousand people standing around Lexington Green - holding signs that read something like " April 19th was fought to avoid exactly what is happening in this state right now"

Would likely get some attention.

And they can't stop you from wearing a t-shirt - even though they might be able to stop you from hoisting a sign.

March 5, 1770. I believe there's an annual reenactment of that to.
(And back in the 70's a totally lame protest - all the hippies fell down and played dead when the Brits fired. :p )

When was the Boston Massacre?

-tapatalk and Devin McCourty blow chunks-

Fascinating exploration of "self-defense" and "castle doctrine" that every one of our legislators should be required to read aloud. [laugh]

http://law2.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials/bostonmassacre/adamssummation.html

I am always amazed that a more just and rational view of self defense existing in the United Kingdom (as the colonies were subject to the laws the British Crown at the time) existed in 1770 than exists today.

Last edited:
The official activities for this year's Patriot's day will occur on the Sunday and Monday before (the 14th and 15th). The 15th is also the marathon. So the questions in my mind.

1) do we plan something for the 14th or 15th and possibly get lost in the coverage of ALL the events?
2) do we do something on a Friday where few or noone is likely watching the news but we would possibly be the only thing going on?
3) doing something on the 14th and/or 15th could be a protest type thing where we show up with signs and move through the crowds handing out and educating people along the way.

No idea if the things bouncing around my head are actually coming out on this post. Please chime in.

The official activities for this year's Patriot's day will occur on the Sunday and Monday before (the 14th and 15th). The 15th is also the marathon. So the questions in my mind.

1) do we plan something for the 14th or 15th and possibly get lost in the coverage of ALL the events?
2) do we do something on a Friday where few or noone is likely watching the news but we would possibly be the only thing going on?
3) doing something on the 14th and/or 15th could be a protest type thing where we show up with signs and move through the crowds handing out and educating people along the way.

No idea if the things bouncing around my head are actually coming out on this post. Please chime in.
I like the idea of joining in where EVERYONE is watching!

Anyone want to run the Boston Marathon with AR's?
... Platoon!... Double time!...March!

Back
Top Bottom