Rainier Bullets has closed for good.

I just heard about this the other day. Sucks. Though I've never used any of their bullets before. SOOOO many bullet companies I honestly don't know how some survive.

I just heard about this the other day. Sucks. Though I've never used any of their bullets before. SOOOO many bullet companies I honestly don't know how some survive.

On the other hand, isn't it fantastic that there's *SO MANY OPTIONS*?

Its too bad, I've used their bullets before and liked them. Sounds like one of the other companies is buying them out though.

I didn't even know they were still in business. The few times I tried to get pricing either nobody was selling the things or the vendor that stocked their stuff was dried out, etc.

-Mike

Been around a while, sometines you got to get out while the getting is good.
Wonder if it has to do with epa regs on chemicals and waste product from the plating process?

The writing has been on the wall for bit. Coated are significantly less expensive, and IMHO perform better all around.

Well anything is better than rainier because you can actually buy it... [rofl]

At least that was the problem back in the day. "Oh we used to have those but not anymore" etc. Bunch of distributors just dropped their products like hot
potatoes, probably because it was overpriced, etc.

Also this ain't the end of the world, because there are other vendors that have appeared when they disappeared. Hell I haven't even been reloading for the past few years and there are at least a few new players on the market since then.

-Mike

Why are coated better? I use Rainier and like them.

Don't get me wrong..... I have no beef with plated .....shot many many thousands of 230 RN, and found them to fill the niche between smoky dirty lead and pricey jacketed nicely. With the advent of polymer coatings however I do find the coated bullets leave the bore significantly cleaner than anything else, make power factor with less powder, can be driven to much higher velocities and in my opinion group a little tighter than the plated. I do think a very high quality jacketed hollow point is still king of the hill, but you really pay a premium for that consistency which most of us can't use anyway.

Don't get me wrong..... I have no beef with plated .....shot many many thousands of 230 RN, and found them to fill the niche between smoky dirty lead and pricey jacketed nicely. With the advent of polymer coatings however I do find the coated bullets leave the bore significantly cleaner than anything else, make power factor with less powder, can be driven to much higher velocities and in my opinion group a little tighter than the plated. I do think a very high quality jacketed hollow point is still king of the hill, but you really pay a premium for that consistency which most of us can't use anyway.
Nailed it.

Still have my Rainier bullets in 9mm, 357 mag and .45 from a group buy eons ago in NIB condition. They are truly collectible now! I'm willing to part with them for a princely sum, PM me for pricing!

I may have a couple hundred of their .38 158's rolling around and 9mm 115's rolling around somewhere from when I first started reloading.

I'm willing to part with them for a princely sum, PM me for pricing!
d07e44e436aa5b9ef5c80950c8702959.png

Rainiers made a marketing decision when they started: Sell ONLY through distributors and retailers.

I live in a state where I can get bullets direct from the manufacturers, and so the only Rainier bullets I have processed have been the free ones they have sent me over the years (in exchange for promotional consideration) for my ongoing reloading classes.

Allowing consumers to buy direct, in most parts of the country, (sorry Mass....) put Rainiers at a distinct disadvantage in the market place.

Odd

I just bought a box of 500 Ranier 45acp at ktp last week. They had plenty in stock.

Back
Top Bottom